surfing

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Re: surfing

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 10 May 2011, 03:43

A tropical depression was anything but depressing! 6 Feet in Wu Shi Gang! A little mucky with the off shore wind but a nice taste of summer storm season.
""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 21 Jul 2011, 10:21

""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns

6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby marasan » 14 May 2012, 15:53

Northcoast Surfer wrote:
CU Surf Shop
A.C. - Owner
(02) 2638-2733

Websites:

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/surf70tw2000/

This seems to be the best advice for first-timers. Anyone disagree and would like to recommend another place? We will need instruction, board rental, about a 1-hour drive from Taipei or less, and a shop or two in the area that sell surfer shirts (I burn easily).
marasan
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

20 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Re: Someone to teach me how to surf

Postby marasan » 14 May 2012, 16:41

Northcoast Surfer wrote:

It seems the surfer shirt is covered- 100 NT for the rental according to this ad.
marasan

20 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby marasan » 06 Jul 2012, 09:51

Northcoast Surfer, thanks for the info. I went a few weeks ago and got some lessons. I went with my wife and kids (one is an infant). Perhaps you remember seeing me. It was a great experience! I was a little beat up but I definitely want to go a few more times. Thanks again!
marasan

20 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby EastCoastRider » 10 Feb 2013, 18:11

There is a cool surfing hostel in Yilan owned by a taiwanese and foreigner from California who is great at teaching the ropes of surfing (and can really surf good) I'm not sure how much for lessons but if you talk to him he's a really laid back friendly guy! they have a website http://risingsunsurfinn.com
EastCoastRider
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

In Taiwan since: 04 Mar 2000

Postby olm » 11 Feb 2013, 02:00

EastCoastRider wrote:There is a cool surfing hostel in Yilan owned by a taiwanese and foreigner from California who is great at teaching the ropes of surfing (and can really surf good) I'm not sure how much for lessons but if you talk to him he's a really laid back friendly guy! they have a website http://risingsunsurfinn.com

Damn you make me want to go back to Taiwan real hard. No fuckin' surfing here in Bavaria (if you don't count that one kinda artificial place at some Munich channel)
They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them
Forumosan avatar
olm
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Location: Scenic Bavaria, next to a former Messerschmitt factory
16 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Sports