Angling in Taiwan

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Re: Angling in Taiwan

Postby Mucha Man » 21 Mar 2009, 01:27

Note there is a moratorium of fishing in most rivers. Hmm, maybe the need for such an act has something to do with the fact jagoff anglers can only catch small fish? :roll:
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

852 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 21 Mar 2009, 11:20

Muzha Man wrote:Note there is a moratorium of fishing in most rivers. Hmm, maybe the need for such an act has something to do with the fact jagoff anglers can only catch small fish? :roll:

Is that still the case? I was editing a story about the credit crunch and about how the unpaid time off was creating an unsurge in the popularity of fishing. I mentioned this moratorium and how the entire thing is illegal, but the writer couldn't find any officials at the forestry or water agencies who could corroborate. There are still many, many anglers out on the waters of all the streams I visit, btw.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 21 Mar 2009, 11:43

Actually, I was wondering the same thing, as I too am seeing more fishermen out everywhere. Most places still have the signs though they could just be old (no one removes signs here, do they?). Hope they all eat what they catch (he he).
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

852 Recognized(s)

Postby Roach » 09 Jun 2009, 18:41

I've scoured all the angling/fishing threads but found no real information on where to buy fishing gear.

Anyone know of anywhere near Nehui where I could pick up some cheapish rods and reels for sea fishing in the Philippines?

Cheers

Roach
Forumosan avatar
Roach
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

Postby sandman » 09 Jun 2009, 18:56

In the Philippines. They'll be much cheaper there, and more suited to the kind of fishing you can do there.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr Jellyfish » 09 Jun 2009, 19:55

Well, this next weekend I'm off to catch me some formosan landlocked salmon, their a bit on the small size so I plan to catch at least 4 or 5, chuck em on the bbq and they'll be just fine.
Dr Jellyfish
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

68 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 09 Jun 2009, 20:29

jimipresley wrote:Arrrgghhhh! This thread is not for debating the moral/ethical issues of "angling"!
I just want to know where I can catch something other than minnows!

Stay away from the Senior High school girls drinking fountains will ya

Now up in Alishan there are several clean fresh water steams and rivers, but als tourists are not allowed to fish in there. only locals like me with their ID Card addresses up here can legally do that.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby Dr Jellyfish » 09 Jun 2009, 21:44

I'm looking forward to my Formosan landlocked salmon, a little bit of butter and a squeeze of lemon - make you horny for week! :roflmao:
Dr Jellyfish

68 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Roach » 11 Jun 2009, 10:52

sandman wrote:In the Philippines. They'll be much cheaper there, and more suited to the kind of fishing you can do there.

Cheaper maybe but the issue, from what I've been told, is quality not availability. So, I'd like to get something here thats got some quality and will last.

So, anyone know anywhere in Neihu or thereabouts where I can find some rods?
Forumosan avatar
Roach

Postby sandman » 11 Jun 2009, 11:10

Then you're a complete fool. Let me guess: you're probably fucking Scottish or some equally lame nationality.

Anyway, don't know about Neihu, but if you walk from Biddle's gaff back toward Xindian City Hall there are several shops including a Blue Way one which is good. About 5 minutes walk from Biddle's.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Sports