Angling in Taiwan

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Re: Angling in Taiwan

Postby Trogdor » 28 Jul 2011, 17:39

teggs wrote:Do you get to keep the fish you caught?

Sure, my mother-in-law fried up the cutlass fish and my father-in-law made sashimi from the bonito. Not sure what happened to the mackerel I gave them.

Sashimi
My ice chest by the time we returned to port.
Forumosan avatar
Trogdor
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 28 Jul 2011, 18:30

Trogdor wrote:
Muzha Man wrote:How much are the trips and do you have any numbers for boat captains?

Cost for the trip: NT$1,500 for boat (noodle dinner with fresh fish and squid included), NT$300 for rod and reel rental, NT$500 for jig, flies, weights and bait rig, and NT$200 for box of frozen bait. So, the total came to about NT$2,500 per person (not including beer).

I did a full write-up on the trip here.

The details of the trip were arranged through Edward Lee at Jigging Master.

Thanks. Looks like a great time and very reasonably priced. :thumbsup:
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

746 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 14 Mar 2012, 14:04

bump for merge
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Phillips » 01 Sep 2012, 22:03

Has anyone ever seen a handcaster in Taiwan? I've never seen one in a tackle store and never anybody using one. I'm going to order one from Aus or NZ, which is ridiculous because the shipping cost will be around 4 times the purchase price, and they are all made in Taiwan or China anyway.
"Why do you want gas? It's hot. You can have cold showers" ~gas delivery man height of summer, 2010.

"Why you wear so many clothes? You are foreigner. Foreign countries are cold." buxiban owner, depth of winter 2011.
Forumosan avatar
Charlie Phillips
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

80 Recommends(s)
158 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 16 Oct 2012, 11:55

Muzha Man wrote:
Trogdor wrote:
Muzha Man wrote:How much are the trips and do you have any numbers for boat captains?

Cost for the trip: NT$1,500 for boat (noodle dinner with fresh fish and squid included), NT$300 for rod and reel rental, NT$500 for jig, flies, weights and bait rig, and NT$200 for box of frozen bait. So, the total came to about NT$2,500 per person (not including beer).

I did a full write-up on the trip here.

The details of the trip were arranged through Edward Lee at Jigging Master.

Thanks. Looks like a great time and very reasonably priced. :thumbsup:

it seems like an old thread, but are you guys "Trogdor" still going for such trips? is it easy to learn the basics? I have close to no experience.. i used to go fishing when I was very young.. but i loved to sit in a harbor with a simple rod for hours just to catch something...
anyone going for such trips anytime soon? and kind of interested in "teaching" the basics?
Just about Everything can be done in Taiwan!!
Forumosan avatar
omerojs
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

5 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 30 Oct 2012, 10:58

Anyone?
Forumosan avatar
omerojs

5 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 19 Nov 2012, 16:46

well even if it seems like no one is interested i will still update.. i found a friend who goes for deep sea fishing.. from 6am to 4pm I think.. in Zhunan.. and there are several other boats doing that in Hualian and in north Taipei.. the one in Zhunan charges around 2000 NTD.. and they either sell or rent the equipment..
I am not sure when the next time is, but ill join for sure ;P
Forumosan avatar
omerojs

5 Recognized(s)

Postby Trogdor » 19 Nov 2012, 17:04

Sorry I didn't respond right away. I actually wrote up a response to your post on Friday, was logged off by the time I tried to post it and by then it was time to leave the office.

That sounds like a fair price for one of the boats out of Zhunan. I haven't been out of that port before, but my fishing buddies in Hsinchu say those boats usually fish the wrecks and reefs in the area for small grouper and snapper. Let us know how it goes. My family responsibilities have severely cut into my fishing time these days.

Speaking of river fishing, here are some good spots for tarpon in Wugu that another fishing buddy recently tipped me off to. Tarpon are in the area through the end of December. Best times are a couple of hours before and after high tide.
Forumosan avatar
Trogdor

1 Recommends(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Sports