NFL Football 2010-11 Season

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Re: NFL Football 2010-11 Season

Postby MikeN » 11 Sep 2010, 21:23

Gee. Brett, maybe you should have shown up for practise so you'd at least recognise your recievers if you met them on the street.

On a different note, to those resident in Taiwan, anyone know why ESPN is constantly bullshitting about broadcasting US college games? They hype it on their channels, and send info to that effect to the Taipei Times and China Post, who put it in their schedules, yet their own website show that instead they're broadcasting ladies golf or the 200th rerun of the latest Yankees game.

Evil or
incompetent?
MikeN
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)

39 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 11 Sep 2010, 21:49

MikeN wrote: On a different note, to those resident in Taiwan, anyone know why ESPN is constantly bullshitting about broadcasting US college games? They hype it on their channels, and send info to that effect to the Taipei Times and China Post, who put it in their schedules, yet their own website show that instead they're broadcasting ladies golf or the 200th rerun of the latest Yankees game.

Evil or incompetent?

ESPN often use a generic advert for Asia. Sometimes that means that ESPN in other countries has the college football games but not ESPN Taiwan. Sometimes you see English Premier league games advertised but not shown in Taiwan.

SO what you need to get is the ESPN from other countries that carry college football. I have those you see. 3 Different ESPN channels than Taiwan gets. The same for Star Sports. Each country gets different content than the others. For instance Star Sports China does not carry F1, ESPN Star Sports from Indonesia on the Telkomvision satellite and Thailand don't carry premier league, but another Espn Star sports from Aora in Indonesia does. College Football is carried on 2 channels from the Thai satellite.

One of my Star Sports channels carries some Cricket like the IPL and 20 20 and Ashes Cricket. You don't see that in Taiwan.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby Satellite TV » 11 Sep 2010, 21:52

apjung wrote:Final Score: Saints 14, Vikings 9

We have the NFL games live here in Taiwan too you know :wink:
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Postby mrtron » 12 Sep 2010, 14:04

Is NFL live on cable TV here? (in kaohsiung)

Are there any bars that play games live? I wouldnt mind watching a 10pm-> game at a bar on Sunday night.

cheers
mrtron
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby TwoTongues » 12 Sep 2010, 15:21

mrtron wrote:Is NFL live on cable TV here? (in kaohsiung)

Are there any bars that play games live? I wouldnt mind watching a 10pm-> game at a bar on Sunday night.

cheers

IIRC Bottoms Up shows them live. But I may have been dreaming that. You might give em a call (I'm out of the country at the moment or I'd call and check myself). (07) 269-3075

http://www.taiwanfun.com/south/kaoping/nightlife/08spring/08spring_BottomsUpSaloon.htm

You might also try Green Bay at the end of the Love River stretch of road there near the cross river walking bridge:

http://www.taiwanfun.com/south/kaoping/nightlife/0604/0604Harbor13.htm
"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber." - The Dude
Forumosan avatar
TwoTongues
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 12 Sep 2010, 16:29

mrtron wrote:Is NFL live on cable TV here? (in kaohsiung) Are there any bars that play games live? I wouldnt mind watching a 10pm-> game at a bar on Sunday night. cheers

I am not sure which time zone you are thinking of as there are no live NFL games here at 10pm our time. Same for college football.

There are replays you can get but there are no live games 10pm our time.

The Lighthouse also has NFL and college football games

Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Postby TwoTongues » 12 Sep 2010, 16:50

Satellite TV wrote:
mrtron wrote:Is NFL live on cable TV here? (in kaohsiung) Are there any bars that play games live? I wouldnt mind watching a 10pm-> game at a bar on Sunday night. cheers

I am not sure which time zone you are thinking of as there are no live NFL games here at 10pm our time. Same for college football.

There are replays you can get but there are no live games 10pm our time.

Yeah you're right sorry my bad, I read the "10pm->" to mean any time after 10pm, including 1am, 2am, 3am... I remember watching games at the Tavern and maybe O'Ginnys in the wee hours a couple years ago. But yeah, not much goin on at 10AM East Coast US or 7AM West Coast eh...
"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber." - The Dude
Forumosan avatar
TwoTongues

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 12 Sep 2010, 17:06

TwoTongues wrote:There are replays you can get but there are no live games 10pm our time.
Yeah you're right sorry my bad, I read the "10pm->" to mean any time after 10pm, including 1am, 2am, 3am... I remember watching games at the Tavern and maybe O'Ginnys in the wee hours a couple years ago. But yeah, not much goin on at 10AM East Coast US or 7AM West Coast eh...[/quote]

Well the schedule for live games from tomorrow morning is as follows and this is local Taiwan time. It's fine as goes until mid day Monday.

1:00 NFL SEASON 2010-2011 CAROLINA PANTHERS @ NEW YORK GIANTS LIVE
4:15 NFL SEASON 2010-2011 ARIZONA CARDINALS @ ST. LOUIS RAMS LIVE
7:30 NFL TOTAL ACCCESS EDITED DOWN VERSION OF NFL TOTAL ACCESS
8:15 NFL SEASON 2010-2011 Sunday NIGHT FOOTBALL - DALLAS COWBOYS @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS LIVE

Then on Tuesday morning our time

5:30 NFL TOTAL ACCESS NFL TOTAL ACCESS SEPTEMBER 12 LIVE
7:00 NFL SEASON 2010-2011 MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL - BALTIMORE RAVENS @ NEW YORK JETS LIVE
10:15 NFL SEASON 2010-2011 MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LIVE

Tavern has replays every night if you cant watch them live.
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Postby mrtron » 12 Sep 2010, 17:45

Ya, sorry I meant go to watch some pregame (which normally starts at 10am EST back home) and then catch the games.

I might have to try and avoid seeing the results and watch the replays instead....so tough!
mrtron

Postby Satellite TV » 13 Sep 2010, 02:10

mrtron wrote:Ya, sorry I meant go to watch some pregame (which normally starts at 10am EST back home) and then catch the games.

I might have to try and avoid seeing the results and watch the replays instead....so tough!

Why so tough? I am just watching live. I need to leave to visit a customer at 9am to will have to record the game played at that time.
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Sports