Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Playing Football With Your Hands

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Playing Football With Your Hands

Postby saddletramp » 03 Mar 2011, 19:17

:liar: :homer: DOH, that's not football! :America:
This is football:
Forumosan avatar
saddletramp
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

ORIGINAL POSTER
113 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Re: Cheer Taiwan's national football team to international glory! This Wednesday, March 9.

Postby the bear » 03 Mar 2011, 20:23

saddletramp wrote::liar: :homer: DOH, that's not football! :America:
This is football:

where's the wanker emoticon gone?
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

28 Recommends(s)
104 Recognized(s)

Re: Cheer Taiwan's national football team to international glory! This Wednesday, March 9.

Postby jimipresley » 03 Mar 2011, 20:29

I've always been under the impression that "football" implies a game that people play with their feet. I'm surprised that North Americans haven't come up with the epiphany of calling handball "football", yet.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper

This post was recommended by saddletramp (02 Nov 2011, 21:40)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

992 Recommends(s)
374 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 03 Mar 2011, 20:32

This is football:

Eh? Looks more like rugby for poofs to me.

This post was recommended by 2 Forumosans: bismarck (04 Mar 2011, 02:15), jimipresley (03 Mar 2011, 20:38)
Rating: 8%
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Re: Playing Football With Your Hands

Postby Dr. McCoy » 03 Mar 2011, 21:37

I notice they got Butkus at number one. He was my favorite.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 03 Mar 2011, 23:11

Yeah,,,,you go ahead and slide tackle me a few times then we'll suit up in those "poofter pads" we'll line up 10 yards away from each other then you stand there and I'll give you a concussion through that helmet, break you jaw, rattle your teeth out of your head, give you whiplash and crack your ribs.
Rugby -a tough game. Soccer- isn't. I've played all 3. Rugby and Soccer don't have the constant high speed collision of Football. In football you use EVERY part of your body-especially your balls.

Me and a million psycho kids who grew up in the 70's wanted to BE either Jack Lambert or Eviel Knieval.

LAMBERT!!!! :thumbsup:
""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby Naughtius » 03 Mar 2011, 23:30

I love how the Brits love to complain about the whole football soccer business. The word soccer actually originates from England. It was a short-term for Association Football, and the Americans kept the term. Personally, I think maybe "pig skin" would be a more fitting name for American Football, but there's no need to argue as long as we all understand each other. :)
Forumosan avatar
Naughtius
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 04 Mar 2011, 00:03

Where's the playing football with your hands bit, all I see is some bloke running headlong into another :cool:
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1623 Recommends(s)
593 Recognized(s)

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 04 Mar 2011, 01:56

Hardy Brown-Yeah, knocks out 70-80 people, sees his father murdered as a kid, grows up in a tough orphanage and dies in a mental institution.
""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns

6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby bismarck » 04 Mar 2011, 02:22

Bubba 2 Guns wrote:Rugby and Soccer don't have the constant high speed collision of Football. In football you use EVERY part of your body-especially your balls.

Sure, it's not exactly Wendyball, but what with all the tea breaks and measuring every 2 seconds for five minutes, I'm not sure constant is the correct word.
That said, I quite like the highlights they have over at the NFL website.
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
143 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Sports