married to taiwanese overseas

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

married to taiwanese overseas

Postby AWOL » 31 Jul 2003, 13:05

what are the processes for a couple (1 foreign, 1 Taiwanese) if they were to be married in the foreign land (male's home country)?

That is, household registration issues, appropriate visa for the man, etc?
Forumosan avatar
AWOL
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Anonymous » 31 Jul 2003, 14:10

processes to do what? why would the man need a visa to be married in his own country?
(whatever it is you're asking, the answer's probably in the archives)
Anonymous

Postby JeffG » 01 Aug 2003, 14:18

AWOL,

If I understand your question you want to know what the procedure and requirements are to get married in the country of the foreign spouse?

Look at my website if this is what you are looking for - http://www.taiwanstuff.com/Marriage.htm This information is catered to Americans, however a lot of the requirements will still apply.

As salmon said, also check the archives.

Good luck.

ATTN: American Citizens living in Taiwan, please support American Citizens Abroad - ACA http://www.americansabroad.org/

Americans living in Taiwan CALL your senators and representatives and ask them to repeal FATCA and support residency based taxation (RBT) for Americans living abroad! Writing a letter is useless! FATCA has been implemented and banks will be collecting your information here. In addition renunciation fees are now $2350! Insane!

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
C.S. Lewis
Forumosan avatar
JeffG
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)

12 Recognized(s)

Postby AWOL » 11 Aug 2003, 09:44

once again ,my english was poor. sorry.

scenario is....

:: 1 foreign male and 1 taiwanese female.
:: getting married in australia.
:: want to move back to Taiwan afterwards.
:: what is the process for HIM to get sorted out in terms of visas, household registration etc.

i cant find the answer in the archives, if I had of i wouldnt have asked.
Forumosan avatar
AWOL

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Anonymous » 11 Aug 2003, 10:26

Simple. The foreigner applies for a JFRV (Joining Family Residence Visa) to enter Taiwan. Household registration and other issues follow from that. There's threads a plenty on how to do it. Search for JFRV.
Anonymous

Postby AWOL » 11 Aug 2003, 10:45

Thx Salmon... found the threads, will forward the details to my mate.
Forumosan avatar
AWOL

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby amos » 11 Aug 2003, 11:06

AWOL, if you need any further info, PM me. I'm an Australian who married my Taiwanese wife in Australia last year. Cheers, Amos.
Forumosan avatar
amos
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

Postby miso » 18 Aug 2003, 04:46

may i just break in for some stupid question here? don't really have the time to search the archives and was just wondering if someone could give me a quick reply....

if I'm in taiwan on a JFRV, what are my rights?
can i work?
can i stay as long as we're married?
any other important thing to know?

thanks
miso
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Postby Joesox » 18 Aug 2003, 09:33

I don't have time to search the archives either, so, from memory;
yes
yes

I would suggest, however, that you try to free up 30 minutes of your time in order to 'search the archives' (just go to the legal forums and browse through, actually) and gain some more in-depth knowledge to help you in your future life and work. Most people would consider several days well spent for this purpose.
Joesox
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

7 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Hartzell » 18 Aug 2003, 18:26

After you get the Joining Family Resident Visa, I can give you full information on your work rights.
Richard W. Hartzell
contact me by email at rwh.midway@gmail.com
Neihu District, Taipei (114)
Forumosan avatar
Hartzell
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

19 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Marriage