Renewing JFRV ARC

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Renewing JFRV ARC

Postby Hartzell » 07 Oct 2011, 20:20

sandman wrote:
StuartCa wrote:Anyone changed their address on their JFRV? I assume I have to take my household registration but do i still need photos?

You do. They have to issue you with a new card, so they need the photos.

Photos aside, I think that there is a logic problem here.

It is not your household registration, it is your spouse's household registration.
Richard W. Hartzell
contact me by email at rwh.midway@gmail.com
Neihu District, Taipei (114)
Forumosan avatar
Hartzell
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

19 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 08 Oct 2011, 02:20

Hartzell wrote:
sandman wrote:
StuartCa wrote:Anyone changed their address on their JFRV? I assume I have to take my household registration but do i still need photos?

Photos aside, I think that there is a logic problem here.

It is not your household registration, it is your spouse's household registration.

GOSH! I mean to say! GOLLY! GEE! Hartzell, you are SOOOOO RIGHT! But man! Did you EVER set that silly guy RIGHT straight! :lol:
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 08 Oct 2011, 15:43

scomargo wrote:
Muzha Man wrote:
scomargo wrote:
Dragonbones wrote:I found out today (the hard way) that the limit is one month. They did not let me renew because I came in just a couple days earlier than that limit. And they weren't very nice about it, either. :s I explained that I'll be out of the country most of Oct., and they wanted proof, which I hadn't brought with me. Just FYI.

My ARC expires when I'll be out of the country, and I'm leaving the country about one month before it expires. How early should I go get it renewed? I'm assuming it takes about two weeks for the new ARC to get issued. I can take a print out of my travel itinerary, so hopefully that'll be enough proof of my travel plans. Should I go two months before the ARC expiration date, which is about 1 month before I leave on my trip?

Thanks for any advice. I tried a search, but this post quoted above was the closest I could find to my situation.

So what happened in the end? I too will be out of the country when my ARC expires and so need to renew it beforehand.

Okay, I just called the Banqiao NIA office, and the guy said it's no problem to renew before my trip as long as I have my regular documents (passport, household registration, etc.) as well as my airline ticket information. That can be a regular airline paper ticket or a printout of an e-ticket.

He recommended that I go renew the ARC 2 weeks before my trip so I can have enough time to pick up the ARC before I leave.

In summary, it looks like they will let you renew more than one month before the expiration of your ARC, provided you have proof of your reason why you need to do so.

I did this a few years back, almost two months before expiring ... didn't need a plane ticket, just my word ... :)
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
90 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 08 Oct 2011, 15:46

sandman wrote:

No, I didn't change it because I applied for APRC ... PARC? What ever! Anyways, what I did is change my wife's/our household registration to the new address before I went to the NIA ... without my wife's ID card ... :discodance:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
90 Recognized(s)

Postby snowy » 18 Jun 2012, 16:56

Hi All,

Has anyone done a JFRC type ARC renewal lately? Last I recall the following were needed:

1. Household registration print from district admin centre
2. Wife's original ID
3. Current ARC
4. Passport
5. 2 current passport size photos
6. Self addressed envelope (registered mail)
7. $3,000 for 3 years (maximum is 3 years limited to passport expiry)

Thanks
WYBMADIITY
Forumosan avatar
snowy
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby Brendon » 18 Jun 2012, 18:06

snowy wrote:Hi All,

Has anyone done a JFRC type ARC renewal lately? Last I recall the following were needed:

1. Household registration print from district admin centre
2. Wife's original ID
3. Current ARC
4. Passport
5. 2 current passport size photos
6. Self addressed envelope (registered mail)
7. $3,000 for 3 years (maximum is 3 years limited to passport expiry)

Thanks

I was down there today. They didn't ask for my wife's ID, but they did ask for my rental contract (original and copy), since my address has changed. In the past I've used a bill with my name on it, but that wasn't good enough today.
Brendon
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

8 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

Postby jlick » 19 Jun 2012, 00:37

Brendon wrote:I was down there today. They didn't ask for my wife's ID, but they did ask for my rental contract (original and copy), since my address has changed. In the past I've used a bill with my name on it, but that wasn't good enough today.

I've never been asked for my wife's ID either. Proof of address is only needed if it is different from the household registration, right?
SUBWAY™ eat fresh! Free wireless Internet access at both Jimmy's Sandwich Company locations:
SUBWAY™ Qingcheng Restaurant: Urban One 1F #1 Qingcheng Street, Taipei. (Nanjing East Road MRT station)
SUBWAY™ Minquan Jilin Restaurant: #74, Section 2, Minquan East Road, Taipei.
Forumosan avatar
jlick
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

9 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby Brendon » 19 Jun 2012, 00:42

jlick wrote:
Brendon wrote:I was down there today. They didn't ask for my wife's ID, but they did ask for my rental contract (original and copy), since my address has changed. In the past I've used a bill with my name on it, but that wasn't good enough today.

I've never been asked for my wife's ID either. Proof of address is only needed if it is different from the household registration, right?

That's the impression I got, yeah.
Brendon

8 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

Postby ceevee369 » 27 Dec 2012, 19:57

I had the "pleasure" needing to go to extend my ARC on JFRV status.
Not only did the Immigration office moved from Banqiao to Yonghe, but the place they are is difficult to find, unsafe to walk (no sidewalks - you'll find out) and worst come to worst... Seems they got instructions to speak Mandarin Only - or no one is capable of speaking English.

So, we received the 1/2 A4 invitation / reminder to "extend" my ARC card.
NO info on it what-so-ever of things to prepare. Knowing how inefficient governmental institutions wok here, I took my passport with me.
Once taken car of the lady (in quick spoken Chinese) explained me I needed to show:
1. ARC
2. Own Passport / landing visa
3. ID of my wife
4. Family / household registrations
5. New set of photographs (cause I grew my beard 0.5 CM...?)
6. As I changed job - an authenticated employment contract.

I swear, I went through the roof. Not only did they not put any "prerequisites" on the invitation, but when my wife called them, they did confirm that for an extension, the ARC itself was enough. Bullocks.
After explaining that my boss would not grant me even 3 hours Holiday to reschedule, they were 'OK' with a call to my wife as NOT needing to provide all the paperwork.
Seriously, I'd love to write to the over-coupling institution to vent my anger as to advice what other countries are capable of - to inform applicants correctly.

So, if you need to go to renew / "extend" your ARC, take any piece of paper with you that you got in your possession as to avoid winding yourself up.
Forumosan avatar
ceevee369
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

50 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 27 Dec 2012, 20:17

I learned years ago to prepare photos, arc and passport for almost anything , the household reg is key to check if you are married still. There is no requirement for employment contract details, that has nothing to do with JFRV.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1829 Recommends(s)
656 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Marriage