Renewing JFRV ARC

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Renewing JFRV ARC

Postby BigBoy » 29 Jun 2005, 11:46

My JFRV ARC will expire soon.
What are the procedures for renewing?
What documents are needed?
Any and all help is appreciated.
BigBoy

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby sandman » 29 Jun 2005, 13:28

Go to the foreign affairs cops.
Take your ARC, your passport, a copy of your wife's household registration document with your name added to it in the "remarks" section, and NT$3,000 (for a 3-year ARC). That's it.
Easy.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby KenTaiwan98 » 25 Jun 2007, 22:27

Any update on this given the recent changes? There have been a LOT of changes in the past two years since this ...

I'm about to redo mine JFVR for renewal, but I'm trying to get a heads up BEFORE I go to the police office in Banqiao...

Do I still go there?

Bit out of touch! Woops!

TKS.
In exile now... not returning to Forumosa.
KenTaiwan98
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby jdsmith » 25 Jun 2007, 22:35

Im going tomorrow. Wife says it's not in the same place. Will let you know.
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby KenTaiwan98 » 26 Jun 2007, 01:11

Thanks for any headsup that you can give me!

Do I still need an HIV test? I remember three years ago, and every time before that, I did.

In fact, the old regs stated 2 pictures, a current passport, an ARC card, a blood test, and a copy of the family book, along with cash and an application form.

Mmm... Wonder what's changed.

Kenneth
KenTaiwan98

1 Recommends(s)

Postby Bu Lai En » 26 Jun 2007, 08:36

You don't go to the police. You now need to go to the National Immigration Agency. In Banqiao it very close to the old foreign affairs police. Other side fothe road a couple of hundred metres in the direction of Zhonghe.

Brian
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

15 Recognized(s)

Postby KenTaiwan98 » 26 Jun 2007, 10:28

I found some information thanks to the tip about the National Immigration Agency. This is the PDF handbook link.

One copy of application form
Passport
Residence visa
Transcript of spouse's domiciliary register (issued within the recent 3 months with record of marriage registration)
Two 1" front, hatless, bust photo, taken recently
Fee for certificate (NT$1,000 for one-year validity)

Let's see if that's what is the current rule!
KenTaiwan98

1 Recommends(s)

Postby jdsmith » 26 Jun 2007, 10:33

Bu Lai En wrote:You don't go to the police. You now need to go to the National Immigration Agency. In Banqiao it very close to the old foreign affairs police. Other side fothe road a couple of hundred metres in the direction of Zhonghe.

Brian

Yup, just got back. Min Ju Rd #168. If you were standing in front of the old police station looking at the gas station, you would go left, cross to the other side of street and walk down the road.

Very nice folks.
Go to the foreign affairs cops.
Take your ARC, your passport, a copy of your wife's household registration document with your name added to it in the "remarks" section, and NT$3,000 (for a 3-year ARC). That's it.
Easy.

Yup, and 500NT for a new ARC if yours is as ragged as mine was.

Pick the new one up a week from today.
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby dangerousapple » 26 Jun 2007, 10:33

I did it last month. I brought my passport, my ARC, and a copy of the household registration. They didn't even look at the household registration, and just stamped the back of my ARC and put a new re-entry sticker in my passport. I only got 2 years though, because my passport expires in 2 years. From start to finish it took less than 5 minutes.

No health test, either.
dangerousapple
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby cranky laowai » 26 Jun 2007, 11:54

click photo to go to location in Google Maps
Forumosan avatar
cranky laowai
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

38 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Marriage