Renewing JFRV ARC

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby KenTaiwan98 » 31 Jul 2007, 19:35

Extending your ARC.

if you are extending your ARC, and all the spaces on the back are filled, you will likely need to get a brand spanking new one.

As of July 1st, they are BLUE and they are plastic with microchip sort of technology in them. I just got one. To get this new card, you DO need photographs (2"x2"). And I had to wait two weeks... I don't know why it was that long... but anyway!

Otherwise extending the old style ARC by adding the date on the back is a simpler procedure. Can be accomplished on the same day.

Kenneth
In exile now... not returning to Forumosa.
KenTaiwan98
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby SuchAFob » 10 Sep 2007, 22:26

Can you renew your jfrc from the US?
Needs a teleportation device.
SuchAFob
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

Location: Where they say "y'all", vote red, and think it's insulting to call me a liberal.
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Bu Lai En » 19 Feb 2008, 20:37

Here's what it says on the NIA site now:

Required documents:

A.

B.

A completed application form.

One 2x2 inch color photo (no need for application for reentry).
C. Passport and one photocopy of Alien Resident Certificate; passport to be returned after verification.
D. Related documents:
1. Those accepting employment and investors: Approval letter and one photocopy and employment certificate from the competent government agency (original letter to be returned after verification)
2. Those coming to Taiwan for study: Student identification card or the original plus one photocopy of certificate of enrollment (overseas Chinese students applying for the first time must also present notice of admission).
3. Missionaries:
(1) Invitation letter from a religious organization in Taiwan or relevant documents.
(2) Photocopy of religious organization's registration.
4. Those visiting family: Proof of relationship such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, household registration transcript (within 3 months), or alien resident certification.Taiwan nationals who have foreign spouses must accompany to the local service center of the National Immigration Agency in person.

Notice that last bit in bold.

Did any of you who renewed recently have to bring your spouse along?

Also, does anyone know the Chinese for whatever household registration transcript is needed, so I can get my wife to get the right one for me?
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

13 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 19 Feb 2008, 22:09

I didn't.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby Eros » 20 Feb 2008, 00:43

When I went in the guy working there first started to say that my wife had to be with me but he was then corrected by his superior who said because I wasn't a Philippino or Thai (or one of the other 'less desirable' nationalities) it was ok without her being present.

So I assume that means if you're from Europe, NA, Australia, etc you're ok flying solo. Just another fine example of Taiwanese prejudice.
Eh? What's the point?
Forumosan avatar
Eros
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby scomargo » 26 Feb 2008, 14:28

I think the household registration form you want is called a ten3ben3, or something very similar to that. It should cost like 10 or 20NT per page.
Forumosan avatar
scomargo
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

16 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 26 Feb 2008, 14:49

scomargo wrote:I think the household registration form you want is called a ten3ben3, or something very similar to that. It should cost like 10 or 20NT per page.

It's a teng2ben3, I think.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

36 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

Postby braxtonhicks » 26 Feb 2008, 23:06

Bu Lai En wrote:Did any of you who renewed recently have to bring your spouse along?

Hm.

I've never actually been to this office. My FIL's always handled it since 1999.

Renewing this week and would like my new card by next Monday. Is it still taking 2 weeks?
Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy ~ Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik!
braxtonhicks
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

Postby asiababy » 02 Mar 2008, 19:26

I just renewed my card after three years and learned three things I didn't know:

1. They have moved since I last had to do all this.
2. They have changed the ARC card since I applied so I should have had a "Taiwan ID" style picture taken at a photo shop, not the one just one from the machine downstairs.
3. You can't apply too early (I was over two months before expiry date, the lady was going to send me away and come back when I only had a month left, but then took pity on me... a two and half hour wait with two toddlers and you tell me NOW??? I did show my card to two people at Information to make sure...)
4. It takes about a week before you card is ready, and if you prepare a registered letter envelope (available downstairs at the post office) they can send it out to you so you don't have to go back to pick it up.
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
Looking for like-minded parents, a friendly space to take your kids, and classes for English-speaking children? http://www.parentsplace.com.tw
asiababy
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

2 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby Bu Lai En » 12 Mar 2008, 20:05

I did it today, and it only took 40 minutes which was better than I expected.

I actually got 3 years and 7 months! That's becasue they owed me 7 months form last time, becuase my passport was expiring. I didn't expect them to 'remember' as it changed from police to NIA in that time, but they had a record.

Points to note:

1. You definitely need the photo now. Even with space on the back of my old card, everyone's getting new cardfs now.

2. Proof of address is necessary if your residential address is different from that on the household registration printout.

3. I didn't have to bring my wife.

4. It takes 12 days until you can pick it up, or bring 26NT to get it posted.

5. There's no more re-entry permits in the passport. The reentry 'permit' is written on the ARC, so you definitely need to bring it with you if you want to come back into the country.

6. I still think 3000NT is bloody expensive!

Brian
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En

13 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Marriage