Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Renewing JFRV ARC

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Renewing JFRV ARC

Postby zender » 10 Sep 2009, 20:21

Good thing you always keep that one in your wallet.
zender
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

82 Recommends(s)
114 Recognized(s)

Postby almas john » 10 Sep 2009, 20:43

zender wrote:Good thing you always keep that one in your wallet.

:lol: :notworthy:
Damn, you is funny! If I weren't married, I'd dress you in a sheepskin and play roundup.
almas john
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

24 Recommends(s)
60 Recognized(s)

Postby Gilgamesh » 11 Sep 2009, 07:57

Mordeth wrote:To renew your ARC you need to show proof of an MMR vaccination. What about for JFRV?

I just renewed my JFRV two weeks ago and I didn't need proof of any vaccinations. I did need to show them a water bill because my home address is different than the one on the household registration. The bill was in my wife's name but they didn't care about that.
Gilgamesh
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

3 Recognized(s)

Postby snowy » 08 Oct 2009, 13:00

Hi, I'm due to renew my JFRV (ARC) soon, could someone please confirm procedure. This is my first renewal, and there have been no changes in circumstances since first issued.

1. Household registration print from district admin centre
2. Current ARC
3. Passport
3. $3000 for 3 years

I'm assuming no health check required and I need not bring my wife's ID or passport.

Is new ARC issued on the spot?
(Would like to avoid hassle of going to NII again to collect new ARC)

Thanks a lot
WYBMADIITY
Forumosan avatar
snowy
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby jlick » 08 Oct 2009, 13:14

I'm also soon due for a renewal. I believe you also need to bring two passport sized photos. And I'm pretty sure you need to come back the next week to get the new card.
SUBWAY™ eat fresh! Free wireless Internet access at both Jimmy's Sandwich Company locations:
SUBWAY™ Qingcheng Restaurant: Urban One 1F #1 Qingcheng Street, Taipei. (Nanjing East Road MRT station)
SUBWAY™ Minquan Jilin Restaurant: #74, Section 2, Minquan East Road, Taipei.
Forumosan avatar
jlick

9 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby scomargo » 08 Oct 2009, 13:18

They should be able to mail it to you for NT$26. Not sure if it's sent registered mail or not. It's a big trip for some people to make it to the NIA, so saving one trip to pick it up may well be worth the $26.
Forumosan avatar
scomargo
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

17 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby snowy » 08 Oct 2009, 13:33

Thanks all.
The NT$26 postage is worth it, else I'll have to take half day off work.
WYBMADIITY
Forumosan avatar
snowy
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Re:

Postby twonavels » 09 Feb 2010, 21:43

Maoman wrote:I extended my JFRV ARC on Friday. Loooong wait - an hour and a half, but we got there just before lunch, so there were less people working while they rotated lunch breaks. We made the mistake of bringing the "short version" of our household registration, and they needed the detailed version. After waiting an hour and a half, my wife had to hop in a cab and go to another gov't office to get the detailed version. Oh well, I'm good until 2010 now!

How do you ask for the detailed version? The one I had last time was just one page. Do you know what the detailed version is called in Chinese?
Thank you!
And, can you send somebody else to go pick up the new card?
Forumosan avatar
twonavels
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

4 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby Okami » 09 Feb 2010, 22:03

I needed:
2 passport sized photos
Passport
Old ARC card
HHR form which was only one A4 paper
$3,000NT for 3 years

It took themn 2 weeks and then I picked it up. There is almost never a long wait at the Yuanlin NIA office in Zhanghua County
Professor Walter Williams has remarked that he’s glad he went to college “before it became fashionable for white people to like black people.”
Forumosan avatar
Okami
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

8 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Re: Re:

Postby Bu Lai En » 09 Feb 2010, 23:05

twonavels wrote:
Maoman wrote:I extended my JFRV ARC on Friday. Loooong wait - an hour and a half, but we got there just before lunch, so there were less people working while they rotated lunch breaks. We made the mistake of bringing the "short version" of our household registration, and they needed the detailed version. After waiting an hour and a half, my wife had to hop in a cab and go to another gov't office to get the detailed version. Oh well, I'm good until 2010 now!

How do you ask for the detailed version? The one I had last time was just one page. Do you know what the detailed version is called in Chinese?
Thank you!
And, can you send somebody else to go pick up the new card?

You can get them to post it.
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

15 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Marriage