[Divorce] Waiting Period after Divorce

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

[Divorce] Waiting Period after Divorce

Postby Visitor » 15 May 2001, 13:07

How long is the period of time that a foreign needs to wait between divorcing one Taiwanese woman and marrying another? What predictable complications should I expect when I reapply for ARC and National Insurance? How do they delete you from the "hukou Ming Bu" orf your wife's family?
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

Waiting Period after Divorce

Postby Visitor » 16 May 2001, 04:43

My wife's former marriage, and subsequent divorce, is still in the family book (divorce 16 years ago)
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

Waiting Period after Divorce

Postby Visitor » 20 May 2001, 00:22

I am unaware of any requirement that you must wait for a specific amount of time between divorcing one woman and marrying another.

However, I will offer the following practical advice based on my experience over the years.

There is the consideration of an implied "extra marital affair" which needs to be taken into account. Ideally, your initial acquaintance with your "next wife" will have occurred after your first divorce. Otherwise, it would appear that you and your "next wife" have been amorously involved when you were still married to your first wife. Under Taiwan law, that is illegal. (The Taiwanese are very straightforward, and would indeed interpret amorous relations between a married man and another woman as "having sexual intercourse". You would bear the burden of proof of establishing that you had never engaged in sexual intercourse with the woman, and that could be very difficult. Any witnesses whom your first wife could produce who could say
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Marriage