Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Can they put different names in eng/cht mariage certificate?

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Can they put different names in eng/cht mariage certificate?

Postby tairus » 18 May 2006, 17:46

as i understood, I have to choose chinese name to get marry in Taiwan. Ok, may be it's possible to insist to use english, but i guess thee will be some problems later. So, it's better to use chinese name to marry.
Later, I want register marriage in my country (Russia), where my chinese name is not legal and i guess Russia will refuse register such marriage (name in certificate is different from name in passport). So.. Is it possible to ask Taiwan Court to put my name from my passport to english certificate instead "hand-made" chinese name in order to introduce legal evidence of my marriage?
tairus
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby cranky laowai » 18 May 2006, 20:57

You can get two marriage certificates here: one in Mandarin, one in English. That's what I have.
Forumosan avatar
cranky laowai
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

37 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby tairus » 23 May 2006, 17:24

the point of question: may english certificate contain my real (passport) name while chinese contain my hand-made chinese name?
tairus
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Taffy » 23 May 2006, 17:30

Yes.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

104 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Marriage