Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

American marrying a Thai in Taiwan

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: American marrying a Thai in Taiwan

Postby irishstu » 11 Mar 2010, 18:22

Congratulations, TwoTongues.
"I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar."

DIY guitar projects
Forumosan avatar
irishstu
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

66 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 11 Mar 2010, 18:39

TwoTongues wrote:Haha yeah no it's next week and an Englishman you know who looks strangely like Basil Fawlty and his life partner will be the witnesses to this atrocity

Give them a big tonguey from me. Hey, that would be... TWO TONGUES! you're just the man for the job!
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

196 Recommends(s)
251 Recognized(s)

Postby TwoTongues » 11 Mar 2010, 19:18

Which reminds me: what's 6" long, pink, and loves sex?

"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber." - The Dude
Forumosan avatar
TwoTongues
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 11 Mar 2010, 19:30

Congrats on Thai-Ing the knot there, TwoTongues.

Just been through the hoops registering my own tilak here in HK. Immigration here were well down the road of doing their worst when fortunately an agent my firm employed blew the bejesus out of them saying none of their requests for extra info and so on was fair or reasonable. Hope you likewise cop a decent break.

HG
I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately. Oh fark it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 11 Mar 2010, 20:00

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Two tongues!
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby TwoTongues » 11 Mar 2010, 21:53

Thanks everyone that's mighty nice - I'll let Ms. Tongues know.
"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber." - The Dude
Forumosan avatar
TwoTongues

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Marriage