No, no, it's nothing. I mean really. Please put the pin back in the stress grenade! Maybe this will put your mind at ease. He didn't ask me anything about my Taiwanese family at all. Also, my NIA officer wasn't a kid. He was at least 35 years old and probably an important NIA investigator, at least in his mind. Tip: See if he pulls out his identification when he arrives and identifies himself by name. Mine didn't and I demanded to see his identification when he arrived. Unprofessional little idiot. He's probably used to checking up on mail order brides and getting a royal welcome into their homes and offers of food and drink! What a shock he got by coming to my house! "Yeah, who the hell are you, why are you at my front gate, and what do you want? NIA? Show me your badge and why are you here?"adamstrm wrote:Northcoast Surfer: Although the questions the kid asked weren't standard, could you give me a few examples so I can see what area they're going to be looking into? Am I going to have to remember the date of our first kiss or all of his extended family's Chinese names, or what?
These questions are not in the order he asked them. Just some of the main ones I can remember without watching the video. Hopefully you will get a more professional NIA officer.
1. Where did you meet?
2. How long have you been married?
3. What do you both do for a living?
4. What's your education level?
5. How much money do both of you make?
6. Did you buy this house or are you just renting?
7. How much money did you pay for this house? You must be rich!
8. Why do you have 14 dogs? Don't they bite?
9. Why don't you want to live in the US? I would if I could.
10. Why do you live so far out in the country?
11. Why don't you have children? Why won't you have any children? Are you unable to have children?
12. Why isn't your wife a US citizen? Doesn't she want to get a passport?
13. Do you like living in Taiwan?
14. Do you eat Chinese food?
15. Can you speak Chinese? How about Minnan?
16. Whose cars are those outside?
17. Why do you have four cars?
18. Is that a surfboard? Can you surf? That is really a long surfboard!
19. Where are you from in the United States?
20. What was your occupation in the United States?
21. Wow! That's a huge bed! Where did you buy such a big bed!
22. Isn't it lonely and scary living out in the country without any neighbors? It sure seems inconvenient to me!
23. Is that a real wood burning stove? Where did you get that? That's really cool. Do you really use it or is it just for show?
So.....now that I've kicked in, please come back and tell us how your interview pans out and the stooooopid questions your NIA officer asks you and your husband. OK?