Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Taiwan Scholarship & Marriage?

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Taiwan Scholarship & Marriage?

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 01 Oct 2010, 00:57

OK, I've been curious about this for some time now...

If you're here on a student visa, and receive a Taiwan scholarship, would you lose that if you got married to a local?
tsukinodeynatsu
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
57 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Re: Taiwan Scholarship & Marriage?

Postby Icon » 01 Oct 2010, 09:36

In theory, no. But I think you cannot work -at least, you are not supposed to- on a full Taiwan scholarship. They assume you are a full time student. Yet even full time students have time for romance.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

657 Recommends(s)
532 Recognized(s)

Postby spaint » 01 Oct 2010, 11:51

I don't know how helpful this is, but back when I was married (and on a JFRV), working part time (and declaring taxes), I was still eligible to receive a scholarship.
spaint
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

36 Recommends(s)
21 Recognized(s)

Postby UncleJamie » 02 Oct 2010, 01:14

hey TD

yah, as Spaint just said, I also had full tuition scholarship while on JFRV visa and ARC, and JFRV puts no restrictions on working, so all was good.

then again, university and MOE rules/regs here are often not clear even to those who are supposed to follow and/or administrate them.

My only suggestion is something you probably already have done, but be sure and check with whoever is in charge of your scholarship and ask if they have had similar case(s) before, and if so, how were they handled/decided.

good to see u r back around, guess relationship is getting :discodance:

UJ
UncleJamie
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 09 Nov 2010, 11:03

Hehe, not too bad! He mentioned it and I was kinda O.O;;;;;;;;;;; uh......... but it made me curious as to whether I actually would have to wait until I graduated if I ever DID want to get hitched.

I'm not on the full tuition scholarship though, I'm on the happy monthly-stipend one from the government... Is that different?
tsukinodeynatsu

ORIGINAL POSTER
57 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Marriage