JFRC issue *Edit JFRV issue

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

JFRC issue *Edit JFRV issue

Postby Lappy » 06 Dec 2010, 13:59

Hi, I posted this under the topic getting married and applying for a JFRC but nobody have said anything so I figured I would post it here and see if there are any replies... Lappy

gusbologna2000 wrote:

I just went to Immigration yesterday and was successful in getting my new ARC. It takes them a week to process.

If you already have a resident visa through work, then you don't need to go to MOFA. You can go directly to Immigration. However, they told me your work ARC needs to have at least a month on it before it expires for you to apply.They asked me for:

1. ARC and passport (they take a copy and look at the original)
2. Health Check
3. US Criminal Record (needs to be translated into Chinese and notarized)
4. Local Criminal Record
5. Household Registration
6. Lease (they take a copy and look at the original)
(I'm assuming you only need this if you don't live at the address that's on your household registration)
7. Spouse and Spouse's ID
8. Application form with a photo

They were a little concerned with my photo; I gave them the normal 'Taiwanese' size, which seemed to be too small for their application form. They measured it next to their demo photo, then just seemed to let it go. Guess I got lucky. They have the measurements on the application form if you want to get the exact size though.

Good luck!

twonavels wrote:

Everything went down exactly like gusbologna said, including the problem with the photo size. I happened to have a bigger photo on me though, as it was the same size as the one needed to get your US visitors visa. I was in and out of there in about 15 minutes!
Yeah! Thanks for all the help, everybody!
I can't believe how stressed I was, and then the whole Immigration step was so easy!

End quotes...

This is where I ran into problem, they told me they need two to three months and that I need to extend my ARC first and then when my student ARC is extented I can apply for the JFRC, alternatively leave the country and apply for a visitors visa and then apply for the JFRC...
So now I'm studying an extra three months... Is it normal for a country to kick you out WHILE you are applying for a Resident Certificate??? I'm not uppset, just a bit anoyed.
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!!
Forumosan avatar
Lappy
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
Location: Luzhou - The most astatically pleasing part of Xinbei City
4 Recommends(s)

Re: JFRC issue

Postby Northcoast Surfer » 06 Dec 2010, 15:57

Don't you mean JFRV (Joining Family Residence Visa) upon which an ARC (Alien Residency Certificate)is based? Just for clarification unless there is something newer called a JFRC. :bow:
Forumosan avatar
Northcoast Surfer
Not actually banned (he just tells everyone he is)

175 Recommends(s)
142 Recognized(s)

Re: JFRC issue

Postby Lappy » 07 Dec 2010, 13:41

Yes thank you very much, just the reply I was looking for, thank you for clarifying that. :eh:
So noone else have run into this problem?
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!!
Forumosan avatar
Lappy

ORIGINAL POSTER
Location: Luzhou - The most astatically pleasing part of Xinbei City
4 Recommends(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Marriage