Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Travel to China from HK with US/Tai Bao Zheng

Who can and cannot be a dual national, as well as the joys and frustrations accompanying that status. Includes ROC Passport and Military Conscription issues
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Travel to China from HK with US/Tai Bao Zheng

Postby KennyC » 10 Feb 2014, 06:49

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this will cause any issue, but basically I have a US and a Taiwanese passport as well as a Tai Bao Zheng. I'll be traveling to HK for work with my US passport, during my one month in HK, I plan to travel to China. My question is when I travel to China from Hong Kong, can I use my Tai Bao Zheng or do I have to use my US passport and get a chinese visa?

Thanks in advance.
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Feb 2014, 05:55

Re: Travel to China from HK with US/Tai Bao Zheng

Postby BBarNavi » 17 Aug 2014, 11:28

I speak from experience when I say it's not only possible, I recommend it over the US passport. Visas on US passports can cost over $140, while entry visas on TBZs cost only RMB100.

That said, this issue was probably solved long ago, so...
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Posts: 2
Joined: 17 Aug 2014, 09:07
Location: Inland China

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Dual Nationality

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 0 guests