I want to attain a Taiwan passport as well as a ROC ID in order to submit an application for permanent resident of Canada. This route is the fastest way I can get approval for PR status in order to move to Canada which, at the moment, is 7 months. If I submit as a US citizen from LA, the processing time is 28 months.
- Born in Taiwan in 1976
- Had Taiwan passport and ROC ID (no longer have them, expired anyway??)
- Immigrated to US when I was 9 years old in 1985
- Became US citizen in 1993
- Married in 2006 to Canadian citizen. She will be sponsoring my PR application to Canada.
- Still living in LA currently
- I'm 37 now (should have no conscription restrictions, if my research is correct) and want to apply for a passport and ROC ID ASAP
So what is the fastest process for me to apply for a new passport and ROC ID? I will be traveling to Taiwan in May and hopefully I can get 'hukou' when I'm there.