Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Visa Free Access Countries on a Taiwan Passport WITHOUT ID number

Who can and cannot be a dual national, as well as the joys and frustrations accompanying that status. Includes ROC Passport and Military Conscription issues
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Visa Free Access Countries on a Taiwan Passport WITHOUT ID number

Postby cokelover1 » 01 Jul 2015, 16:25

So I've been reading around and realize that with my Taiwan passport I won't be able to access many countries through visa waivers without an ID number, but I couldn't find any list of countries that don't require the ID number to qualify for visa free access.

I do have dual nationality with the US so that gets me into most places, but taiwan has a few the US doesn't. Namely Iran. I want to travel there but I'm not sure if if I can go on my Taiwan passport for visa on arrival. I suppose in the end it may just end up being easier applying for a visa using my Taiwan passport as at least that would get rid of the "babysitter" problem. (AKA: all Americans must have a state tour guide)

Any insight into this?
Thx
cokelover1
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Visa Free Access Countries on a Taiwan Passport WITHOUT ID number

Postby cokelover1 » 28 Mar 2016, 08:09

Ok, so apparently the answer to my question is no one knows. Haha fair enough.

How about this then, can you use a Taiwan passport without ID number to apply for Visas to travel to other countries? I ask because a lot of places a visa is cheaper for Taiwan citizens then for US citizens.
cokelover1

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby yyy » 28 Mar 2016, 20:01

cokelover1 wrote:Ok, so apparently the answer to my question is no one knows. Haha fair enough.

How about this then, can you use a Taiwan passport without ID number to apply for Visas to travel to other countries? I ask because a lot of places a visa is cheaper for Taiwan citizens then for US citizens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ ... e_citizens
yyy
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

Postby Zla'od » 31 Mar 2016, 06:15

I've never understood the fascination with these numbers. Does it really matter that the passport of country X can get you into Sierra Leone a little faster? Don't people realize that some of those "visa-free" countries expect you to have booked hotels and have a return ticket?

EDIT: This morning's newspaper explained that although Taiwan passport-holders can theoretically visit Canada visa-free, they have to apply for some kind of electronic clearance beforehand (yes, there's a fee) which is damn near indistinguishable from the electronic visas that other countries make you apply for.
“What part of a woman is the yet, anyway? I heard there was a fight here in Tulsa, and a woman was shot in the fracas. The doc said the bullet is in her yet. And how did the bullet get in her yet, when she was shot in the fracas?"
Zla'od
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Dual Nationality