Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

ROC passport for child from mother

Who can and cannot be a dual national, as well as the joys and frustrations accompanying that status. Includes ROC Passport and Military Conscription issues
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

ROC passport for child from mother

Postby atrac » 02 Jul 2016, 21:55

My daughter is 11, we live in EU, and my wife has dual passport EU/ROC and ID card.
In the past we obtained for my daughter a passport which is not fully valid (I did not understand very well), now expired.
To apply for a "valid" passport we were told to go to immigration office, apply for a residence permit, and then we will get an ID card. After that she can apply for a passport. Unfortunately it takes 3 weeks and we will get the permit when we will fly away... not sure if some relative or agent can do the ID card in her absence.
However, I am not convinced. If we live in EU, why she should apply for a residence permit? Isn't there another way to get the passport? The representative office in EU was totally useless, they do not answer any question.
We are not even sure that my daughter can hold both passport (from ROC side).
If any of you have some experience, or maybe suggest which is the right office to inquiry...
Thank you
Posts: 34
Joined: 12 Apr 2012, 20:23

Re: ROC passport for child from mother

Postby Tempo Gain » 02 Jul 2016, 22:29


"Being alive is the meaning." -- Joseph Campbell

"Well I don't guess it has to be, but that's the way we like it." -- Roger Waters

There's only one thing left for me to do momma I gotta ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
User avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
Posts: 12859
Joined: 16 Jul 2004, 22:41
Location: Taipei

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Dual Nationality

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 0 guests