Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

[ROC Passport]Obtaining Overseas Chinese Stamp on ROC Pssprt

Who can and cannot be a dual national, as well as the joys and frustrations accompanying that status. Includes ROC Passport and Military Conscription issues
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

[ROC Passport]Obtaining Overseas Chinese Stamp on ROC Pssprt

Postby fcqmax » 08 May 2004, 18:57


I just received my ROC passport and temporary entry/exit permit visa. I'm planning on getting my ROC ID as well but skeptical about how to receive the Overseas Chinese status on my passport. After much reading, I know that the usual process for Taiwan born people living/working abroad who come back to Taiwan (and want to go back out again) need to prove their foreign residency with an ID and some sort of proof that they lived there for a certain period of time. Now if I'm a foreigner already and get my ROC ID, do I automatically get the overseas chinese stamp? Or do I still need to prove my residency and prove that I lived in my country for a certain period?

Postby Anonymous » 19 May 2004, 01:48

You can get the Overseas Chinese Stamp (僑居身分加簽) by visiting your local Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (台北經濟文化辦事處).

Do a quick search on Google and you can find their contact details.

I don't remember exactly what documents would be required for the stamp, you'll have to ask them.

Good luck.

Postby Hartzell » 21 May 2004, 12:42

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has an application form for this very procedure.
Richard W. Hartzell
contact me by email at
Neihu District, Taipei (114)
User avatar
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Posts: 2348
Joined: 31 Oct 2000, 17:01
Location: Nei Hu District, Taipei, Taiwan

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Dual Nationality

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 0 guests