Help! Leaving the Country as a dual citizen questions

Who can and cannot be a dual national, as well as the joys and frustrations accompanying that status. Includes ROC Passport and Military Conscription issues
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Conclusion

Postby naruto » 30 Jul 2004, 16:04

Thanks to the last 3 guys that replied, Flick, Isieh and in part Kategelan. A honorable mention to rooftop.

I got the info I wanted, fortunately I did not only rely on this forum for some info. If anyone else wants to know, feel free to drop me a line. As for the assumptions I'm making they may be wrong Kategelan, but I'm not lashing at those people, I'm lashing at their reaction to a simple question. It feels to me like the post went something like this

Mr. A:Where can I buy a hat?
Mr. B: Why do you need a hat?
Mr. C: Hats are stupid
Mr. D: I bet you don't need a hat and you probably have a black suit. I hate people with black suits because they don't belong in the tree...
...etc..etc do you catch my drift??

I'm pretty sure that those who know you will appreciate your support but it does not improve the impression they left on me. They clearly expressed their views which were mostly hostile on an issue that wasn't there to start with. I wonder if thats how some of these people trully feel about these issues? I wonder if I ever met some of these people face-on, would they have said the same things or if a faceless web-persona too comfortable to hide behind?

Senior member, Moderator or newbie, respect is earned. Not by lame attempts at intelligent remarks but rather useful advice that has practical application. Thanks to those that really did try to help, Kategelan thanks for shedding some light onto the situation but there's no need to understand me and slap my wrist just in case someone is looking. Make your statement and be happy with it. I made mine and I'll live with it.
naruto
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby sandman » 30 Jul 2004, 16:21

respect is earned

Indeed it is. And not by shirking your responsibilities.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby naruto » 30 Jul 2004, 16:21

sandman wrote:
Wow really pissed aren't you. I am sorry I make you feel that way, so now you have a DISLIKE for GAY people too?

Gay people? I don't know any gay people who are limp-wristed panty-waist girly-boys. Only you, and you never said you were gay. Anyway, advice: why don't you just eat like a pig until you're too fat to serve? That's a pretty common thing for the weasels to do. Of course, you might do permanent damage to your health, but draft-dodgers are pretty worthless creatures anyway, so it would be no great loss.

blah blah blah blah blah :noway:
naruto

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby rooftop » 30 Jul 2004, 16:25

An honorable mention? :( Well, better than nothing. :wink:
Tulsa nightlife: filth, gin. A slut.
Forumosan avatar
rooftop
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

Postby naruto » 30 Jul 2004, 16:27

sandman wrote:What bullshit....limp-wristed panty-waisted girly boys...

This how you earn yours?? Done anything pro-Taiwan lately? Remember: Checking out the ladies or girly boys doesn't count :p
naruto

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby naruto » 30 Jul 2004, 16:30

rooftop wrote:An honorable mention? :( Well, better than nothing. :wink:

Hmmm should have rephrased that to "and the no.1 award goes to......(drumroll).... ROOFTOP!!!" :notworthy: :bravo: :lol: :notworthy: Sorry only got to read your post after I wrote mine^^
naruto

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby sandman » 30 Jul 2004, 16:32

naruto wrote:

This how you earn yours?? Done anything pro-Taiwan lately?

I'm not seeking your respect, sweetbuns -- it's worthless. And yes, bowbeating draft-dodging weasels who refuse to live up to their civic duty is indeed pro-Taiwan.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby naruto » 30 Jul 2004, 16:47

sandman wrote:
naruto wrote:

This how you earn yours?? Done anything pro-Taiwan lately?

I'm not seeking your respect, sweetbuns -- it's worthless. And yes, bowbeating draft-dodging weasels who refuse to live up to their civic duty is indeed pro-Taiwan.

Well them I'm not far off; taking the piss out of an arrogant-si-lao-wai-here-for-a-easy-ride means I'm doing mine, besides I'm going on my trip now. See ya old man, don't let a flaky skin and wasting what precious time you have left on this forum get to ya.
naruto

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby sandman » 30 Jul 2004, 16:49

See ya old man, don't let a flaky skin and wasting what precious time you have left on this forum get to ya.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Yellow Cartman » 30 Jul 2004, 17:34

rooftop wrote:Guys, Naruto is asking a question, a request for information. He's not that acquainted with Forumosa and he's also missing the humour or sarcasm as indicated by smileys ( :wink: ). But, COME ON! Why are you being so hard on the guy?

He's Taiwanese but holds the passport to another country, so he can avoid the draft. I'd take advantage of that. Wouldn't you? Forumosa is a great place to get information and also a great place to have battle royales. But, does one necessarily have devolve into the other? Poor guy is getting the wrath of people who don't like the way the Taiwanese government makes it hard for long-timers to have full rights here. It isn't his fault.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? :angel: :lol:

Hey Mr. Voice of Reason, did you walk into the wrong room? :cool:
Trillian: You idiot! You signed the order to destroy Earth!
Zaphod: I did?
Arthur: He did?
Trillian: Love and kisses Zaphod? You didn't even read it, did you?
Zaphod: Well, I'm president, I don't have a lot of time for reading.
Trillian: My whole planet destroyed because you thought someone wanted your autograph!
Forumosan avatar
Yellow Cartman
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Dual Nationality