Overseas Chinese w/ passport and ARC applying for ROC ID - any way around the one-year policy?

Who can and cannot be a dual national, as well as the joys and frustrations accompanying that status. Includes ROC Passport and Military Conscription issues
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Overseas Chinese w/ passport and ARC applying for ROC ID - any way around the one-year policy?

Postby roadkill123 » 10 Jul 2011, 00:12

I thought there was the option to live in Taiwan for 2 consecutive years with 270 days per year instead of the one-year policy? Is this not applicable anymore? :eh:
roadkill123
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Re: Overseas Chinese w/ passport and ARC applying for ROC ID - any way around the one-year policy?

Postby speed_maniac » 11 Jul 2011, 16:29

yes, or even 5 years with 183 days per year....but no matter what, 1 year, 2 years or 5 years, there is no way around the policy.
speed_maniac
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

3 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby pqkdzrwt » 11 Jul 2011, 16:46

Not that it helps, but I have been told by the in-laws that they have been told that this law may be altered within the next 12 months. I believe, currently people below a certain age are exempt, however they are looking at adding more exemptions.
Never wrestle with a pig—you get dirty and the pig likes it
pqkdzrwt
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

4 Recommends(s)
18 Recognized(s)

Postby chanephraim » 08 Dec 2011, 11:26

what are the exemptions? any update on this topic?
chanephraim
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby Satellite TV » 08 Dec 2011, 11:34

chanephraim wrote:what are the exemptions? any update on this topic?

There are none.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby chanephraim » 08 Dec 2011, 11:39

anybody had tried this already? overseas chinese arc then id card?
chanephraim

Postby chanephraim » 08 Dec 2011, 11:52

emmus. for my part. i arrived here june. then settle for couple of months in new taipe city and applied at new taipe city NIA there's application form for getting a petition. check out for teco first before you get a petition form.
your documents should be translated and authenticated by teco in chinese. since im from the philippines. my documents were. birth certificate from me and my mom. marriage contract from them, nbi clearnce must be authenticated by foreign affairs then authenticated by teco. household registration, id card, passport from her.my medical certificate here in taiwan passport taiwan picture 2 pcs.payment fee: I don't remember at all. ill ask my mom about it. since we together applied to NIA personally.

emmus wrote:Thanks for the info! By any chance do you know where I might able to obtain a petition form? I thought it wouldn't hurt to at least try...

Thanks again!!!
chanephraim

Postby misspon » 21 Nov 2012, 06:41

[quote="chanephraim"]emmus. for my part. i arrived here june. then settle for couple of months in new taipe city and applied at new taipe city NIA there's application form for getting a petition. check out for teco first before you get a petition form.
your documents should be translated and authenticated by teco in chinese. since im from the philippines. my documents were. birth certificate from me and my mom. marriage contract from them, nbi clearnce must be authenticated by foreign affairs then authenticated by teco. household registration, id card, passport from her.my medical certificate here in taiwan passport taiwan picture 2 pcs.payment fee: I don't remember at all. ill ask my mom about it. since we together applied to NIA personally.

Hi Chanephraim

Does your mom / parents have ID numbers?
misspon

Previous

x

Return to Dual Nationality