Can you be deported with no notice

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby MaoMao » 14 Apr 2012, 13:36

Hello,

About a month ago I went to work and my manager had told me the government had come to the school and they had given the gov my information really stupid. I was only working there 2 hours tutoring two students. They had told me not to worry. I never went back to the school for fear something may happen. That is the last I heard of it I asked them to notify me if anything happened. So my question is does the government have to have a meeting with you or notify you if you are being deported or will I just show up at the airport one day and not be allowed in?

Thanks
MaoMao
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Can you be deported with no notice

Postby BigJohn » 14 Apr 2012, 14:08

One possible scenario is that you will be refused an ARC next time you apply, for having worked at a place not listed on your current ARC.
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

104 Recognized(s)

Postby hsinhai78 » 15 Apr 2012, 16:10

One possible scenario could be a visit at your place by the NIA and subsequent lift to the airport. There are no administrative courts in immigration matters, only internal agency review committes.

Obviously the outcome also depends on what the school told the NIA why you were there.
Forumosan avatar
hsinhai78
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

311 Recommends(s)
82 Recognized(s)

Postby EigerMarcus » 16 Apr 2012, 11:36

1. The officer investigating may send a letter to you requesting a written statement or request a meeting where they did not find you at the school. I am not certain that this is always done though.

2. Generally if you are found to have been working illegally then you should receive a notice of that finding and a fine from the folks at Labor. You should then later also receive notice of a deportation order from the folks at Immigration. Both would be sent to the address on your ARC if that is the outcome. This can take place several months after the incident.

3. You can appeal if 2 occurs but most likely would have to leave the country before a decision is made.

4. If they do not take the above action for whatever reason then you will likely hear nothing: for example, if the visit was the result of a complaint that you were working illegally or that the school was hiring illegally then typically notice of the outcome of the investigation will only be provided to the complainant if no action is taken.
EigerMarcus
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Okami » 16 Apr 2012, 12:24

Simple answer: Mess up big enough and the answer is a very firm yes.
Professor Walter Williams has remarked that he’s glad he went to college “before it became fashionable for white people to like black people.”
Forumosan avatar
Okami
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

8 Recommends(s)
20 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 16 Apr 2012, 16:35

If you're going to get kicked out anyway, then you can always try denying your official name. I was told by a police officer in Taiwan that unless you are willing to represent your name, then you can't be held (for longer than three hours, during which time they will keep asking for your name), charged or deported for simply breaking a statute regulation.
I asked this before as I have a Thai friend who was unfairly denied a local I.D. when her entire family, including her parents were Taiwanese. I asked what the situation would be if she were caught working without papers and if she didn't represent her official name. This was the answer I got. Don't take my word for it though. You'll have to be responsible for whatever consequences ensue.
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby cake » 16 Apr 2012, 21:18

sulavaca wrote:If you're going to get kicked out anyway, then you can always try denying your official name. I was told by a police officer in Taiwan that unless you are willing to represent your name, then you can't be held (for longer than three hours, during which time they will keep asking for your name), charged or deported for simply breaking a statute regulation.

So if you sat there and said no comment for three hours they would have to let you go?

If this is law, then surely it will be written somewhere (in Chinese)?

I seem to remember you or someone else wrote something similar and a response was an Indonesian maid was handcuffed to a railing all day outside a police station as she was saying nothing???
cake
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

Location: Dubya - who has borrowed more $$$ than the previous 42 presidents combined
21 Recognized(s)

x

Return to Visa & Residency Issues