I'm 26 year old male with a Dual citizenship in Taiwan and the U.S. I plan on going to Taiwan to study for in a graduate program for an MBA.
If I were to get into a program:
1. Do I still have to be conscripted into the military?
2. What type of visa route should I take?
3. Does the student visa allow me to defer military service?
4. Does the 183 day rule apply to me if I have a student visa?
5. Is there any official websites with this type of information?
I've searched these websites to find answers:
1.National Immigration Agency: https://www.immigration.gov.tw/lp.asp?C ... D=111&mp=1
2.Boca(bureau of Consular Affairs):http://www.boca.gov.tw/mp?mp=2
3.NCA(national conscription law agency):http://www.nca.gov.tw/EngVer/eng-6.asp
4.Department of Compulsory Military Service: http://english.docms.taipei.gov.tw/ct.a ... &mp=121012
Most of the people going to graduate schools that I've noticed are NOT required to go to the Taiwanese military due to the fact that they are either NOT Taiwanese or they were not born in Taiwan.
Ideally, I would like to attend school for 2 years then graduate and by the time I finish school, the conscription law might be reduced to 4 months. So, I would finish 2 years of School with an MBA and 4 months military service, rather than 1 year of military service and 2 years of Graduate school.
Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.