Document Authentication/Translation Confusion ..Help!

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Document Authentication/Translation Confusion ..Help!

Postby vickysmackdown » 10 May 2012, 18:15

Hello All Forumosian

I have got my "Single Status Certificate" authenticated by TECC, India. I got it authenticated through an attestation agent in India. But i haven't got any translation authenticated with the my "Single Status Certificate". I read on other post that I can translate it by myself in Taiwan and get it notarized there from a district court. Further, as I have got my "Single Status Certificate" authenticated in my home country, do still I need to get it authenticated by BOCA?. Please help!

Thanking you.
Forumosan avatar
vickysmackdown
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Document Authentication/Translation Confusion ..Help!

Postby bigduke6 » 10 May 2012, 19:28

I will keep this simple. In my case, the ONLY thing I needed to to in Taiwan, was get the documents translated. Everything else was done back home.

BOCA has nothing to do with this.

Translation is the easiest part. There are plenty of official ones near any NIA office or can easily be found by your girlfriend online.

However, I will say again for the tenth time. DO NOT SOLELY RELY ON THIS FORUM FOR THE RIGHT ANSWER.
Your girlfriend can find the information extremely easily by making a few phonecalls.

It literally took my wife 10 minutes to find out what needed to be done and organise everything.

Your girlfriend needs to get on the blower and make some calls. She needs to sort this out for you. As I have said, requirements may differ from country to country.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby vickysmackdown » 10 May 2012, 22:58

Thank you for reply

I searched on a official site of Household Registration Office in Taipei, which says:-

"FAQ

How does the R.O.C. citizen apply for his/her marriage registration (one of the parties concerned is a foreigned)?

1、Applicants marrying in the R.O.C.: 1) marriage contract; 2) Passport of foreign spouses and marital status certificates with Chinese translation and certified (inspected) by R.O.C. foreign missions; 3) household registry; 4) R.O.C. ID Cards and seals; 5) one photograph; 6) the foreign spouse is to submit his/ her Chinese name declaration certified.7) the two concerned parties must apply in person."

With other search on the forum I think that if the original document is not in English, then its Chinese Translation also needs to be authenticated by TECC Office abroad.

My Single Status certificate is originally in English, but still I am not sure if its Chinese Translation also needs to be authenticated by TECC or not. Or I can get it translated here and notarized it here in Taiwan.

Kindly help! Thank you!
Forumosan avatar
vickysmackdown

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby bigduke6 » 11 May 2012, 13:05

F&*k the website and f%^k the internet.

I have told you. Your fiance needs to simply call, or go to the local household registration office. As I said before, my wife sorted everything out in 10 minutes.

You my friend, are simply making this as hard as you can on yourself.

Now I am am gonna go into asshole mode. Stop your whining, and get your fiance of her ass and to the local household registration office.

Stop asking the same questions, as you are gonna get the same answer.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
fucks with the Jesus.

Gregory House

2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6

72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby vickysmackdown » 14 May 2012, 17:43

bigduke6 wrote:F&*k the website and f%^k the internet.

I have told you. Your fiance needs to simply call, or go to the local household registration office. As I said before, my wife sorted everything out in 10 minutes.

You my friend, are simply making this as hard as you can on yourself.

Now I am am gonna go into asshole mode. Stop your whining, and get your fiance of her ass and to the local household registration office.

Stop asking the same questions, as you are gonna get the same answer.

I am so sorry ya my asshole friend :D ..you always helped me ...Thanks a lot dude ..sorry to bother you.

My fiance called up household registration office and they told her that I need to get it translated and then attested by local court and then get it authenticated by BOCA. Only then its valid. Then we called up a translation agent in Hsinchu, she said we don't need to go BOCA, its valid after attestation by local court. Anyway I am still here, my flight was cancelled by airline strike. In the meantime i got translated copy authenticated by TECC in home country. Now hope all gonna be smooth :)

Thank you so much BIgduke/Bighelp! :)
Forumosan avatar
vickysmackdown

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby marksman23 » 17 May 2012, 06:28

The consulate make it really difficult for China.

vickysmackdown wrote:Hello All Forumosian

I have got my "Single Status Certificate" authenticated by TECC, India. I got it authenticated through an attestation agent in India. But i haven't got any translation authenticated with the my "Single Status Certificate". I read on other post that I can translate it by myself in Taiwan and get it notarized there from a district court. Further, as I have got my "Single Status Certificate" authenticated in my home country, do still I need to get it authenticated by BOCA?. Please help!

Thanking you.
marksman23

Postby marksman23 » 17 May 2012, 06:31

I'm in the U.S. my docs originated in the U.S., I ended up going through an attestation agent as well. For me, I had to get Articles of Incorporation legalize for China. I ended up using www.apostillepros.com
They got everything done and shipped it to my affiliate in China and everything was accepted. If you're confused about china document legalization or any legalization that's the best route.

vickysmackdown wrote:Hello All Forumosian

Thanking you.
marksman23

Postby bigduke6 » 17 May 2012, 08:27

Vicky is Indian and not American.

He is coming to live in Taiwan not China.
fucks with the Jesus.

Gregory House

2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6

72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby vickysmackdown » 24 May 2012, 17:06

Hello Bigduke and all

Thanks to all you guys.

I came here on 20th May and completed our marriage and household registration on 21st May, in just one day. A translation agent in Hsinchu translated that Single Certificate and we didn't go to BOCA for further attestation (as per rule all southeast Asian people need to). That translator told us that we can give it chance and just go to Household registration office ask them to register the marriage as most of HH offices doesn't know about foreign marriage rules. So we went to HH office and it all worked. All the officials there were so helpful and friendly. Now my both the certificates are under the process of authentication by BOCA and Indian embassy in Taiwan.

Bigduke..you been a big help, thanks to you.
Forumosan avatar
vickysmackdown

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby bigduke6 » 24 May 2012, 18:10

Congratulations. You see here the actual requirements have nothing to do with the law, but the officials you are dealing with and their mood that day.
That's why for all official requirements you need to speak to the specific official.
Well, all you need now are the documents needed for the visa. Again, I suggest your wife to go to the NIA office you will use to get the exact requirements for the JFRV.

I got 4 different answers.

One from the TECO in cape town, a completely different one from the TECO in Johannesburg, another from the foreigner hotline here, and one from NIA. Follow the NIA requirements.
fucks with the Jesus.

Gregory House

2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6

72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Visa & Residency Issues