Can blue collar workers get an APRC?

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Can blue collar workers get an APRC?

Postby sandman » 17 Jul 2012, 22:16

spaint wrote:How fortunate for your friend that you went the extra mile to help him see when he was lacking the cultural background/knowledge to make an informed opinion. And how fortunate that your friend wasn't here visiting Sandman, who'd have left him to make his own mistakes and been content to simply observe.

Still, everyone does enjoy watching a train wreck in progress, eh?

Can you read? Evidently not. :roll:
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 18 Jul 2012, 01:52

When I was a young whipper snapper in the chungle i ran into a girl (she worked as a receptionist at the tiny hotel I was staying at for a coupla weeks). Thought she was a virgin until we finally got horizontal and she whispered if it was ok that shes married? Talk bout coitus interuptus ! Married and has two kids (something like 8 and 10).

I kicked her out (in the morning of course) and gave her the cold turkey from then on. I dint want an instant family or to get involved where i perhaps shouldnt be.

But now that im older (and hopefully wiser) and see the world in shades of grey , rather then black and white. I realize I was very mean to her and she didnt deserve it.

LIfe is a bitch and one doesnt know how her husband is. He may have left town with her holding on and paying for two kids. She may be available for the right man to give her love and affection and help bring up her children. She was NOT the one that was immature. It was I.

IF a person is in a loveless marriage by bad choice , bad decisions or bad oversight or simply bad luck, should they be doomed to forever suffer or is there a hope for a restart and to love again?

She is 25, her husband may be 60. She has a child. Shes stuck on Taiwan and possibly in less then ideal circumstances. Her husband maybe shows her little affection or love and attention. Her children may be neglected.

Is she doomed to never have another chance?

We only live once !

If he loves HER, let him investigate further and take action as appropriate. IF her love is genuine and her situation is dire. Let him save her and maybe save himself in the process. For you know not what demons torment him? Do you?
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

624 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Postby bumclouds » 18 Jul 2012, 10:18

tommy525 wrote:IF a person is in a loveless marriage by bad choice , bad decisions or bad oversight or simply bad luck, should they be doomed to forever suffer or is there a hope for a restart and to love again?

Thanks for your perspective tommy, but, I don't think this is a case of "oh no, i accidentally married the wrong guy". This is obviously a marriage for economic reasons. I'd give a girl a chance if I thought her marriage was, or used to be genuine.
Your warning level: [4]
Forumosan avatar
bumclouds
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

ORIGINAL POSTER
102 Recommends(s)
91 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 18 Jul 2012, 12:56

Suffice to say your friend is in an unenviable position. There are plenty of other fish in the sea, especially in Taiwan.

I agree this one has "bad" written all over it.

But I must contend one point. If she married for monetary reasons. That is to say she was one of those young ladies who left her country to be married to a (usually older) man who can provide for her due to say, abject poverty. And now is older and (presumably ) wiser and is discovering that there is a thing called "love", should she not have a chance?

If circumstances were so dire that it forces a young girl to leave her home and be married to any old joe (and I mean OLD ) is that not a situation to be pitied, rather then ridiculed? Commiserated rather then belittled?

However, I am not pleased with her position on her own child . That she intends to abandon him/her. That shows a distinct lack of character.

At least the kind of character I'd want to be associated with.

In Taiwan surely there ARE better choices?
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

624 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Postby tomthorne » 18 Jul 2012, 13:28

IMO you should talk to him immediately because she's almost certainly married to some guy with a kid.

I'm rarely wrong in these matters :grandpa:
tomthorne
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

Postby kiwi5 » 16 Sep 2012, 21:13

for having worked with a few of those maid agencies, many of them treat those young girls abjectly and are often in the grey zone as legal is concerned.

I can only agree with Tommy, no matter why she married that old guy (hey she is probably only from an un educated part of the world and "convinced" to do so), there aren't any reasons to make her "pay" for it... I just don't follw the logic there.
Even with the best friend, yeah the breach of honesty isn't the way to go but we ought not burn her on the market place. People get married for various reasons (haha especially women :p take a look at the ladder thoery) and can appreciate each other in different ways and for various reasons. the nuance is even accentuated from one culture to another. It doesn't all have to be walt disney

well in any case thanks for the gossip like story ~ even if you were right after all at the begining I was laughing at the sight of "taiwanese girlfriend" and the words meddling popping up .. :lol:
kiwi5
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Visa & Residency Issues