PR how to go about it?

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

PR how to go about it?

Postby Visitor » 07 Oct 2000, 02:23

Hello there

Having been in Taiwan for some time I would like to apply for permanent residency in here. Is there an English language document that details (i) what conditions must be met in order to successfully apply and (ii) the procedures that must be followed. Very grateful for any advice.

Pat
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

PR how to go about it?

Postby Visitor » 12 Oct 2000, 13:17

The information and requirements for applying for Permanent Residency are widely available in Chinese. Why not just get those and go over them with some of your Chinese friends?
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

PR how to go about it?

Postby Visitor » 18 Oct 2000, 11:01

Hi
Try this - It has english version too.
http://www.boca.gov.tw/appli/visafp.htm
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial Narrow">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pat Power:
Hello there

Having been in Taiwan for some time I would like to apply for permanent residency in here. Is there an English language document that details (i) what conditions must be met in order to successfully apply and (ii) the procedures that must be followed. Very grateful for any advice.

Pat
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

PR how to go about it?

Postby Visitor » 03 Nov 2000, 15:49

I picked up a printed copy of all the requirements
necessary for a PR at the Foreign Affairs
Police Office in Taipei at the information desk.

If you are in Taipei, maybe you can still get one there.

I heard they don't like to help you too much in English over the phone.
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

PR how to go about it?

Postby Visitor » 30 Apr 2001, 12:01

Recently I was visited by a USA citizen residing in a certain southern Taiwan city who was having a long running argument with the local Foreign Affairs Police Department about his eligibility for permanent residence.

He has lived in the ROC for over six years, and been married to an ROC national for over two years. The Police claimed that he would have to be married for five years or more in order to apply for permanent residence. His point of view was that there is no such stipulation in the law per se.

This is a good example of where foreigners have to stand up for their rights in order to get better treatment.
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

Return to Visa & Residency Issues