Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

[CCRD] New Zealand - No Criminal Record

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

[CCRD] New Zealand - No Criminal Record

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2000, 11:17

Did anyone manage to negotiate this maze?

You need a "police clearance from your country"

NZ police will not give it to a person - so you get them to send it to Taiwan Economic and Cultural Office in NZ who authenticate it - easy - then they send it to BOCA in Taiwan - so how do you find it then???

New Zealand - No Criminal Record

Postby Guest » 12 Oct 2000, 13:11

Normally, the Clean Criminal Record Documentation (CCRD) is given to the person applying. In fact this is NECESSARY, because you need to get the entire document translated into Chinese. However, if you can mysteriously manage to come up with the Chinese translation, and your local Police Dept. wants to give it to the Taiwan authorities in your home country, then you should ask that the Taiwanese authorities there mail it to you (here in Taiwan), and then you can take it to the Bureau of Consular Affairs, MOFA, yourself.

[This message has been edited by Administrator (edited 13 October 2000).]

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Visa & Residency Issues

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 0 guests