Asking for help from a binational gay couple

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Asking for help from a binational gay couple

Postby Guest » 31 Oct 2000, 16:57

Some one please give me some advice, I am extremely depreased:

I am a Taiwanes guy currently live in USA. Due to the expiration of my student visa, I have to move back to Taiwan. My American boy friend is a blue collar guy who holds a 2 year community college degree in automobile tech. He would like to move to Taiwan with me, but It seems there is no way he can get a work permit in Taiwan because he has no degree.

People suggest him go to the Language school first. But someone please tell me how can he stay in Taiwan legally after the languge school? Is there any way around?

Any information will help.

If you would like to contact me in person, please write to

Thank you.

Asking for help from a binational gay couple

Postby Guest » 01 Nov 2000, 03:57

In terms of a foreigner obtaining a resident visa to live in Taiwan, I suggest that you refer to my comments in this FORUM under the "Desperate - Clock is Ticking" inquiry.

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Visa & Residency Issues

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 1 guest