Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

ARC expires soon

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

ARC expires soon

Postby Visitor » 24 Apr 2001, 23:56

My ARC will expire on Saturday and my papers for the renewal are still in the "system" here in Taoyuan.

I have my old ARC and my passport with me but I am worried that everything won't be ready by Saturday.

Everything is in order with the papers and it's a simple renewal but it seems to be taking forever. Does anybody know what I should do?
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

ARC expires soon

Postby Visitor » 25 Apr 2001, 02:12

Daphne, it is always wise to first ask the source directly. Call the Foreign Affairs department and tell them your situation, ask for options, understand the consequences. They have English-speaking staff who can help you.

If you don't understand the instructions, then ask around, but keep in mind that friends and acquaintances will give you different answers.

My rule of thumb is to ask at least 3 different people after calling the source. If you get the same answer, then you're safe.

Just my two cents.
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

ARC expires soon

Postby Visitor » 25 Apr 2001, 04:16

Please describe more clearly the "papers" involved, and where exactly they are now in the system. Are they actually in the hands of the Foreign Affairs Police?
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

ARC expires soon

Postby Visitor » 25 Apr 2001, 13:48

Thanks for the help everybody.

The papers were at the Ministry of Education and have been for over a week. I have my passport and ARC on me. The Ministry of Education have already "sighted" these.

I will go to the offices personally to check the situation and book a ticket out just in case. Been here eight years and still can't get over the difficulty each time of doing this.
Visitor

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Visa & Residency Issues