visa worries

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

visa worries

Postby Visitor » 05 May 2001, 16:23

I have a non-extendable visitor visa that is about to run out. Is it possible to still receive a new visitor visa if I leave the country? If so, is it possible to get a 60-day visa?

Also, if you have non-extendible visitor visa, but have a job offer and wish apply for a working visa, is it possible to receive a 30-day visitor visa to tide you over while you are waiting for the working visa to come through. Do you have to leave the country?


visa worries

Postby Visitor » 06 May 2001, 15:07

I suggest that you go visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, No. 2-2 Chi Nan Road, Sec. 1, and ask them for specific answers to your questions.

Please let us know what you find out.

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Visa & Residency Issues

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 visitors

Present your family and friends with their eulogies now - they won't be able to hear how much you love them and appreciate them from inside the coffin -- ANONYMOUS