Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Visa by Mail?

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby Erhu » 27 Aug 2005, 10:24

With a multi-entry you can stay for 2 months at a time. You can extend for up to 6 months if you have a valid reason for doing so, for example studying at a government approved language school. If you're going to give them flight itinerary, you should show a flight out of Taiwan within the initial 60-day period. But as I said, you don't actually have to purchase any tickets. A lot of websites allow you to reserve a flight for up to 24 hours and they'll email you the flight itinerary. If you don't actually want to book the tickets, you do nothing. Then just print out the itinerary and send it in with your visa application.

If you get a multi entry visa that is valid for one year, you can use it for one year. You just have to leave the country every 60 days (or up to 6 months if you get it extended). Then you can come right back on the same visa and stay for another 60 days. Hope this is clear!
I'm a Murkin. I don't understand irony.
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Posts: 1146
Joined: 16 Dec 2003, 00:49
Location: Taipei

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Visa & Residency Issues

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests