APRC: how-to guide (esp. for Brits)

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby bigal » 11 Aug 2008, 16:32

Just being picky there taffy. I mean it says home address and the definition of home is a place where you live and you don't live there as your applying to live in Taiwan. So when you sign saying that the information is correct it is a lie as you do not live there.

This also brings up the electoral roll question as you should be registered as a non-resident citizen so that your taxes and National insurance payments are adjusted unless you are going to declare your earnings over here and pay NI and taxes in the Uk. Also if your are still registered as living there then there is also the council tax or whatever it is called now. Well you get my point. It is lucky that the UK is not as strict as America.
bigal
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

3 Recognized(s)

APRC - advantages

Postby punithamanohar » 19 Aug 2008, 11:22

I saw you guys discuss about how you got the APRC - I think I qualify too - just past 6 years - so what are the other advantages of APRC (besides the ones that are generally known) ???.. like can I qualify for a bank loan to buy a new car ? what else can I get ? how about status of my dependents ? can they get APRC too ? I just have a daughter born this April.. currently she is my dependent and holds and ARC validity that is same as mine... can I get more information about this ????anyone ???
punithamanohar
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Re: APRC: how-to guide (esp. for Brits)

Postby raja » 07 Jan 2010, 11:20

Thnks Highwave for such a clear layout of the process. :notworthy: Makin' it much easier to find my way through the maze !
raja
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby GRC22 » 27 Apr 2010, 14:31

2010/04/27

My Subject Access Report will be sent to my Dad's home address. My Dad will take care of all the fees.

What must my Dad do next?

Please can you confirm that the following is correct.

Step 1.

Send Subject Access Report to FCO

The FCO legalisation office at Milton Keynes, or at Centrepoint Building, New Oxford Street, London www.fco.gov.uk/legalisation

Step 2

Send Subject Access Report to TRO

Taipei Representative Office in the UK 50 Grosvenor Gardens , London SW1W OEB www.taiwanembassy.org/uk
GRC22

Postby raja » 02 May 2010, 21:09

GRC22 yes the basic steps are right. U can make it clearer for your Dad by giving him the details from the FCO site and the different ways to pay...eg U cant pay in cash or cheque as far as I remember.

Other little detail U can save your Dad hassle is pay the extra eight or is it ten quid to have the TRO send your authenticated Police Report straight onto you here in Taiwan. It will save time and money instead of it being sent back to your Dad and then him having to send it onto you. Just print off the " agent's form" from the TRO office site and put your Taiwan address on there.

I don't want to say anymore because Im not sure where your applying to and Im not 100% sure the Taipei city and Taiper county requirements are exactly the same.

I just want to thnk Highwave for his inital posting and Ive finally got my APRC...looks almost the same as the ARC. Oh and all the other guys who have helped me along the twisting road to the APRC. Still dont get the 5 year criminal check ,Ive and Im sure all of you have been in Taiwan so long (those of U that have the APRC) the 5 year criminal check is pointless requirement....
raja
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby GRC22 » 06 May 2010, 00:07

Thanks raja and congratulations on acquiring your APRC

"For visa/ legalization applications by post, please enclose a stamped and self-addressed envelope for the return of your documents. Applicants outside Europe must pay an additional fee of £8.00 to have their documents returned by International Recorded Delivery."

This is an update from my Dad:

Update on yr application. I have received your clearance cert back from Hants police. I now have to forward it to the Foreign and commonwealth office for authentification.( Bit strange as it is an official document in its own right).In the meantime you have to download an application form for residence from the taiwan website,sign it and forward it to the embassy in London.

Not sure where to get the application form for residence from the taiwan website

Could it be:

I will send my application form for authentication and the necessary documents to 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0EB

"All applicants or their agents must fill in the legalisation application form and enclose a copy of the applicant's passport/Id/driver license or company's registration along with the form."

(it took 25 days to get the subject access report)
GRC22

Postby highwave » 08 May 2010, 21:44

raja wrote:I just want to thnk Highwave for his inital posting and Ive finally got my APRC...looks almost the same as the ARC.

What goes around comes around. I got lots of help when I was applying. All I did was keep a log - mostly so I could keep a track of it all and not procrastinate about getting on with the proceeding step - then post it here. Glad to see you're passing on your more recent experience with the process, and congratulations on successfully negotiating the hoops and hurdles.

raja wrote:Still dont get the 5 year criminal check ,Ive and Im sure all of you have been in Taiwan so long (those of U that have the APRC) the 5 year criminal check is pointless requirement....

Personally, I've frequently flown out of Taiwan at the dead of night a few feet above sea level in a fluffy pink helicopter for brief but uplifting crime sprees back in the UK. Doesn't everyone do that?
Forumosan avatar
highwave
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby GRC22 » 21 May 2010, 23:12

My subject access report is now at the TRO

Step 2

Send Subject Access Report to TRO

Taipei Representative Office in the UK 50 Grosvenor Gardens , London SW1W OEB http://www.taiwanembassy.org/uk[/quote]

Home stretch

Remember to send the application form for authentication with the initial set of documents, if someone is helping you on the other side. Friend/family can forward on all the info as one document when it is time to send it to the tro.

edit[*] By the way, the authentication stamp was £45 with postage. 2010/05/25 My subject access report is finishing up its British Tour de Stamps. It's on its way to Taiwan.
GRC22

Postby GRC22 » 06 Aug 2010, 23:35

I finally got my APRC card today!

Thanks goes to those who supplied information in the threads related to the APRC procedure.

Northcoast Surfer, Mahalo nui loa I will gladly give you my share of the waves if we ever meet in the lineup!
GRC22

Re:

Postby magnolia » 10 Apr 2012, 18:37

Joesox wrote:There's another kind of police clearance certificate that's just come out: the ACRO police certificate. That can be processed in two days. But currently it's only supposed to be used for immigration applications for Australia, Canada, NZ, and the USA. I don't imagine they'd issue one for another purpose, and even if they did, the FCO might not validate it.

FYI, this is what the Sussex Police have directed me to, as of today. Just about to go find out about the CCRD. Will post progress reports (or lack thereof) as and when.
'Beef ain't nothing to me, you wally, why don't you just kick back be jolly, stay at home with a cup of tea, watch Corrie.'
Forumosan avatar
magnolia
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Visa & Residency Issues