Coming from Korea with no proof of funds?

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Coming from Korea with no proof of funds?

Postby kingjames1 » 02 Sep 2011, 13:27

good looking out with that website. I had been doing all sorts of google searches and coming up with relatively nothing. :lol:
kingjames1
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby TexMex » 06 Jul 2012, 16:05

Sorry to interrupt, but I'm planning on getting my tickets to go Taiwan as follow (Mexican Citizen):
1.- Depart from Dallas Texas to Seoul, S. Korea (Free visa entry, onward ticket needed).
2.- Apply for a Taiwan Visitor Visa in S. Korea.
3.- Travel from S. Korea to Taiwan (Onward ticket to HK, refundable).

First off, can I make that first trip using my Taiwan ticket as my Onward ticket out of Korea? I mean when I get out of Dallas I wont have a Taiwan visa yet, I mean would they let me board?
Second, How long it takes for a visitor visa to be issued? We want to stay in S. Korea For a week.

Well this next Monday I'm gonna try to get my Visitor Visa here in Texas but I want to be prepared in case I get it denied for not having US legal papers, also I'm married Taiwanese so I hope that means something.
Forumosan avatar
TexMex
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

34 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby dasmania » 24 Aug 2012, 13:52

Absolute proof right here from someone who has also done it (Visa-Exempt Entry + Work Permit from employer in hand = visitor visa -> resident visa -> arc):

http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1443&ctNode=779&mp=2

Plus a quote from the visa-exempt section:

"Duration of stay:

1. The duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable. Foreign visitors must depart by the end of the said duration. Please click here for " Penalty for overstay".

2. Visa-exempt entry cannot be converted to other types of visas, unless the following exceptions:.

A. Foreign visitors entering the R.O.C. through visa-exemption may only apply for converting to visitor visas within their legal stay at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or branch offices of MOFA in case of: severe acute diseases, natural disasters or other force majeure reasons, which hold them back from leaving the R.O.C. In addition, white-collar professionals who have obtained the work permits within their legal stay may apply for work visas, together with their spouse and minors (under age 20) entering the R.O.C. at the same time.

B. For U.K. passport holders, please refer to "Notice for British & Canadian Passport Holders Who Enter Taiwan Visa-Free and Apply for an Extension of Stay".(doc檔案)"
I used to think I was wasting my time teaching in Taiwan...after 6 months of unemployment back home I realized what wasting time truly is. Enjoy the moment.
dasmania
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 24 Aug 2012, 14:28

Satellite TV wrote:
Why not just arive on a landing visa.. get your ARC papaerwork and then convert that to an ARC.

I am in Korea now and they dont ask you anything on the way in here either like Taiwan. The Korean immigration officers comment to me was that he didnt think I looked Chinese enough when looking at my Taiwan passport.

call me on 010 8659 5597 if you have any questions

Wow, you waited till the third sentence to bring up your passport.

Your time away has brought great discipline to your posting game. :bow:
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

93 Recommends(s)
467 Recognized(s)

Postby Lros » 19 Mar 2013, 19:33

dasmania wrote:Absolute proof right here from someone who has also done it (Visa-Exempt Entry + Work Permit from employer in hand = visitor visa -> resident visa -> arc):

http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1443&ctNode=779&mp=2

Plus a quote from the visa-exempt section:

"Duration of stay:

1. The duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable. Foreign visitors must depart by the end of the said duration. Please click here for " Penalty for overstay".

2. Visa-exempt entry cannot be converted to other types of visas, unless the following exceptions:.

A. Foreign visitors entering the R.O.C. through visa-exemption may only apply for converting to visitor visas within their legal stay at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or branch offices of MOFA in case of: severe acute diseases, natural disasters or other force majeure reasons, which hold them back from leaving the R.O.C. In addition, white-collar professionals who have obtained the work permits within their legal stay may apply for work visas, together with their spouse and minors (under age 20) entering the R.O.C. at the same time.

B. For U.K. passport holders, please refer to "Notice for British & Canadian Passport Holders Who Enter Taiwan Visa-Free and Apply for an Extension of Stay".(doc檔案)"

thanks for that!
Lros

1 Recommends(s)
53 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Visa & Residency Issues