Changing Address on ARC

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Changing Address on ARC

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 22 Dec 2010, 20:13

OK, I've done this before... but this time I have a problem:

I'm now living with my boyfriend, and the lease/electricity/cable/EVERYTHING is in his name. Last time I changed my address I had to show my lease in my name, what should I do this time? Would a letter from my boyfriend stating I live with him + lease suffice?

I know I can run down to immigration and ask, but finals are coming up....
tsukinodeynatsu
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
57 Recommends(s)
66 Recognized(s)

Re: Changing Address on ARC

Postby swisskogame » 22 Dec 2010, 22:18

tsukinodeynatsu wrote:OK, I've done this before... but this time I have a problem:

I'm now living with my boyfriend, and the lease/electricity/cable/EVERYTHING is in his name. Last time I changed my address I had to show my lease in my name, what should I do this time? Would a letter from my boyfriend stating I live with him + lease suffice?

I our case a letter from my side stating that my wife lives with me was enough for her to get the ARC changed.
swisskogame
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby bismarck » 23 Dec 2010, 00:09

swisskogame wrote:
tsukinodeynatsu wrote:OK, I've done this before... but this time I have a problem:

I our case a letter from my side stating that my wife lives with me was enough for her to get the ARC changed.

In Tainan I didn't even need that. I just took the telephone bill with my wife's name on it and they changed it. They reckon that as long as they can reach you at that address they're happy (Tainan NIA office, anyway - as they told me, I could also use my mum-in-laws address).

Then again, I guess it depends who you ask. :idunno:
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
142 Recognized(s)

Postby BigNoodle » 06 Jan 2011, 12:53

I live with my girlfriend and everything is at her name. So I went to 7-11, bought a lease contract book and we wrote a lease contract. I used that for arc and it worked.
Forumosan avatar
BigNoodle
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Naughtius » 06 Jan 2011, 14:23

I'm pretty sure they only require a copy of the lease. So, copy your friend's lease, write your name on it then copy it again.
Forumosan avatar
Naughtius
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 06 Jan 2011, 15:04

Yup. And if they want an original, talk to your landlord about changing it so it has both names on it or just your name, even if only temporarily. I have seen someone else use this successfully in a similar situation.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, & cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients, as well as many of those ingredients themselves, at our shop in Donghu (Neihu). Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

36 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 06 Jan 2011, 15:42

I ended up just taking in the lease and getting my friend to write a letter stating that I lived with him. They were happy with that, if a bit amused that my boyfriend was my guarantor (he actually wrote 'To Whom it May Concern, my name is XXX and I am the boyfriend of XXX.....' ) :discodance:
tsukinodeynatsu

ORIGINAL POSTER
57 Recommends(s)
66 Recognized(s)

Postby Mchonos » 30 Nov 2011, 22:33

woow sounds simple...wonder will it work for friends?
Forumosan avatar
Mchonos
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby Beatbox Bandit » 06 Dec 2011, 00:55

Can bank statements in your name serve as proof that you live somewhere??
Beatbox Bandit
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 13 Dec 2011, 04:02

Should be, we took a phone bill in his name last time we extended since our lease has been up for over half a year.

They're pretty cool on the proof of address bit, at least down here. I remember the first time I applied for an ARC they were happy to take a business card O.o;
tsukinodeynatsu

ORIGINAL POSTER
57 Recommends(s)
66 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Visa & Residency Issues