Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Taiwan visa for a PRC spouse

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Taiwan visa for a PRC spouse

Postby Bobarctor » 14 Apr 2011, 11:27

Hi Folks,

I think it is my first post here (even if I have been member of the forum for quite a while, yes !).

I am very happy that my company has agreed to relocate me in Taiwan. I have been doing business for quite a while here and always wanted to settle in Taipei and now it comes true so I am quite excited ! So here we go with a target to move from Beijing to Taipei around September/October of this year.

First thing first and this is my primary concern (and I know it can jeopardize the whole stuff), I am married to a mainland Chinese woman (I am French) and even though we have been looking for some information over the net, we found different kind of answers on the possibility for a PRC mainland national to get a spouse visa from my employment visa and residence permit. Does anybody has experience on this ?

Also, I would be looking for a reliable agent that can do all the procedure for us as my employer doesn't have any capacity to do it. Please let me know from your experience some possible contact of reliable and honest companies. I assume that, as I am currently leaving in China, the only possibility would be to come first to Taipei on a tourist visa and do the whole procedure in Taipei, am I right ?

Regards,
Julien
Forumosan avatar
Bobarctor
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Re: Relocation to Taipei soon !

Postby Satellite TV » 14 Apr 2011, 13:20

Bobarctor wrote:Hi Folks, First thing first and this is my primary concern (and I know it can jeopardize the whole stuff), I am married to a mainland Chinese woman (I am French) and even though we have been looking for some information over the net, we found different kind of answers on the possibility for a PRC mainland national to get a spouse visa from my employment visa and residence permit. Does anybody has experience on this ?

Also, I would be looking for a reliable agent that can do all the procedure for us as my employer doesn't have any capacity to do it. Please let me know from your experience some possible contact of reliable and honest companies. I assume that, as I am currently leaving in China, the only possibility would be to come first to Taipei on a tourist visa and do the whole procedure in Taipei, am I right ?

Regards, Julien

Your wife will not be given a spousal visa to live in Taiwan. PRC citizens simply are not allowed to live here long term. At the moment PCR citizens can only visit on a tour group for a very limited stay they cannot even get visitor visa's as an individual. What do you mean your employer doesnt have the capacity to process your work permit. Unless they are complete dorks they can get it done with help from the NIA here.

Your employer here can process your work permit or you could even process it yourself is the company is qualified to hire foreingers here.
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby Bobarctor » 14 Apr 2011, 14:41

Satellite TV wrote:
Bobarctor wrote:Hi Folks, First thing first and this is my primary concern (and I know it can jeopardize the whole stuff), I am married to a mainland Chinese woman (I am French) and even though we have been looking for some information over the net, we found different kind of answers on the possibility for a PRC mainland national to get a spouse visa from my employment visa and residence permit. Does anybody has experience on this ?

Regards, Julien

Your wife will not be given a spousal visa to live in Taiwan. PRC citizens simply are not allowed to live here long term. At the moment PCR citizens can only visit on a tour group for a very limited stay they cannot even get visitor visa's as an individual. What do you mean your employer doesnt have the capacity to process your work permit. Unless they are complete dorks they can get it done with help from the NIA here.

Your employer here can process your work permit or you could even process it yourself is the company is qualified to hire foreingers here.

Thanks for your reply !

As the law evolve a lot, I believe things might have changed. For your information your statement regarding visitor visa as individual is not true: since the first of April it is possible for certain eligible people in mainland to apply individual tourists visas for Taiwan. Things for spouse visa might be different as well...

What I mean by the sentence regarding my employer is that we don't have the staff to do it nor the time and certainly not the knowledge of what to do, how to do and where to do. That's why I would be looking for an agent to do all the paperwork on my behalf with my company documents.
Forumosan avatar
Bobarctor

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 14 Apr 2011, 14:55

Bobarctor wrote:
Satellite TV wrote:

Regards, Julien

Thanks for your reply !

As the law evolve a lot, I believe things might have changed. For your information your statement regarding visitor visa as individual is not true: since the first of April it is possible for certain eligible people in mainland to apply individual tourists visas for Taiwan. Things for spouse visa might be different as well...

What I mean by the sentence regarding my employer is that we don't have the staff to do it nor the time and certainly not the knowledge of what to do, how to do and where to do. That's why I would be looking for an agent to do all the paperwork on my behalf with my company documents.

Well as long as you don't mind coming alone thats fine. There are threads here where other people have wanted to bring a PRC Citizen spouse and it was not possible. One chap had a wife from the PRC who held British Nationality and it took a couple of years for Taiwan to consider giving her a visa because she was born in China. Yes I know about the recent law change for PRC Citizens to visit but it is very strict. First you should ascertain is the company in Taiwan able to sponsor an ARC for a foreigner and are you qualified for the ARC.

I don't know of any agents doing ARC's for foreigners as most people arrive here on a visitor visa first and start the processing after arrival and pretty much most companies do their own ARC processing. All the information on how to process a work permit it pretty much online so I am surprised the company could not assign somebody 30 minutes to look or make a few phone calls to the NIA.

Google NIA Taiwan.
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Postby Bobarctor » 14 Apr 2011, 15:11

Satellite TV wrote:
Bobarctor wrote:
Satellite TV wrote:

Regards, Julien

Thanks for your reply !

Well as long as you don't mind coming alone thats fine. There are threads here where other people have wanted to bring a PRC Citizen spouse and it was not possible. One chap had a wife from the PRC who held British Nationality and it took a couple of years for Taiwan to consider giving her a visa because she was born in China. Yes I know about the recent law change for PRC Citizens to visit but it is very strict. First you should ascertain is the company in Taiwan able to sponsor an ARC for a foreigner and are you qualified for the ARC.

I don't know of any agents doing ARC's for foreigners as most people arrive here on a visitor visa first and start the processing after arrival and pretty much most companies do their own ARC processing. All the information on how to process a work permit it pretty much online so I am surprised the company could not assign somebody 30 minutes to look or make a few phone calls to the NIA.

Google NIA Taiwan.

Is the law different for Taiwanese who marry PRC nationals and how the spouse can get a valid visa ?

Regarding the company, well, no: we have in Taiwan a branch office as I said. We employ tech guys to do maintenance and all the admin is done trough the HQ in Singapore.
That's why I need an agent to advice if the company as a branch is eligible and if I can be as well and help to proceed with all the paper work.

Julien
Forumosan avatar
Bobarctor

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 14 Apr 2011, 16:54

IF your wife has French citizenship I understand she will be treated as a French subject and her PRC citizenship will have been gone anyway as the PRC demands one relinquish PRC citizenship when they take up another citizenship far as I know.

IF she isnt a French citizen, then no, it will be quite hard to get her right of abode in Taiwan.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

591 Recommends(s)
371 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 14 Apr 2011, 18:39

tommy525 wrote:IF your wife has French citizenship I understand she will be treated as a French subject and her PRC citizenship will have been gone anyway as the PRC demands one relinquish PRC citizenship when they take up another citizenship far as I know.

IF she isnt a French citizen, then no, it will be quite hard to get her right of abode in Taiwan.

Tommy Lord Lucans PRC born wife had lived in the UK for many years and had a UK Paspport. Go search his threads, still nearly impossible to get her in. It won't matter what citizenship she holds if she was born a PRC citizen and lived in China.
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Postby Bobarctor » 14 Apr 2011, 18:41

tommy525 wrote:IF your wife has French citizenship I understand she will be treated as a French subject and her PRC citizenship will have been gone anyway as the PRC demands one relinquish PRC citizenship when they take up another citizenship far as I know.

No my wife is Chinese and has no plan to take the French citizenship :)
Forumosan avatar
Bobarctor

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 15 Apr 2011, 05:12

Bobarctor wrote:No my wife is Chinese and has no plan to take the French citizenship :)

Well if you do plan to move here I guess you will need to plan to fly back to China to visit your wife from time to time.
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Postby spaint » 15 Apr 2011, 11:27

How come Taiwanese men can bring their Chinese spouses into Taiwan?
spaint
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

36 Recommends(s)
21 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Visa & Residency Issues