TVs and Other Electronicals........

Moderator: Mick

Re: TVs and Other Electronicals........

Postby DesertSpider » 04 Feb 2012, 11:23

mabagal wrote:So in a way, looking for a TV or other big box electronics stuff is going to soon resemble this same experience shopping in Taiwan. The good thing is there is Amazon and all the vertical search engines to consolidate it for you.

Yes, I like to hit the aggregator sites as well, Google Shopping, NextTag, Newegg, etc. - the question would then be finding it here.

Thanks to the other posters above for the advice.

DS
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees...
Forumosan avatar
DesertSpider
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Icon » 04 Feb 2012, 11:24

I'd say that would be difficult, as they are probably from the Marketplace, which is not available for sale in Taiwan -meaning we cannot buy anything from the Marketplace from here, be it a cat toy or a TV set.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

759 Recommends(s)
592 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 04 Feb 2012, 11:29

PapaAzucar wrote:Has anyone ever ordered expensive electronics from Amazon and have it shipped to Taiwan? When I say expensive, I mean like over 1000US or 30,000NT?
Does Amazon handle the customs, import tax, etc.?

No Amazon doesnt handle your import taxes you need to do that by yourself. Normally they ship with Fedex or UPS and those companies will contact you when your shipment arrives to get a copy of you passport and ARC. They tell you how much to you need to pay in taxes and you normally pay that on delivery.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Technology