Make an easy blog

Moderator: Mick

Make an easy blog

Postby Bu Lai En » 05 Feb 2012, 00:35

I need a blog hosting site where I can start a bog (never done one befroe) without having to spend ages learnign how to do it.

I just want somethign that allows comments and tagging and I can elarnt o use in 5 minutes or less. (And free).

Any ideas?
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recognized(s)

Re: Make an easy blog

Postby Abacus » 05 Feb 2012, 00:49

I use wordpress for my blogs (yes, that's multiple now). It's really easy to get started blogging although if you want to tweak the layout it might take a little more time.
Abacus
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

124 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby rosarot » 05 Feb 2012, 01:35

I'm using tumblr and find it's very easy to handle plus they have a lot of templates you can use and adjust to your needs. For the comment function you have to requister at disqus though, but that takes only about 2 mins.
I have been using Google's blogger in the past and it was also not bad though I find tumblr more user friendly, especially if you want to blog a lot of pictures and/or videos.
Why do people say "Grow some balls."? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! – Betty White
Forumosan avatar
rosarot
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

9 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Aero7 » 05 Feb 2012, 21:52

I suggest Wordpress, solely because of their reliability and policy towards content security. Unlike Blogspot, Wordpress doesn't allow Java based programs. The reason being that people have used Java based software to bring down Wordpress servers in the past. :wink:
My Website - http://a4rzero.wordpress.com/ - I write about countries and everything in between.
Forumosan avatar
Aero7
38 Posts? I'm a bimbo, baby!

Postby Bu Lai En » 05 Feb 2012, 22:31

Wordpress looks nice. Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go.
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recognized(s)

Postby mabagal » 06 Feb 2012, 04:08

tumblr

It is seriously the easiest way... and it's not even close.
mabagal
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

11 Recommends(s)
26 Recognized(s)

Postby Shaktipalooza » 06 Feb 2012, 09:53

definitely wordpress. Thousands of templates, most of them free. You can have Wordpress host or put it on your own domain. Very easy to learn and extend.
Forumosan avatar
Shaktipalooza

6 Recognized(s)

Postby StuartCa » 06 Feb 2012, 10:12

For easy blogging look at blogger.com. It doesn't have the flexibility of wordpress but it is very very easy.
If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home. ~James Michener
Forumosan avatar
StuartCa
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

15 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Technology