using voip in taiwan

Moderator: Mick

using voip in taiwan

Postby panda » 09 Feb 2012, 00:09

I would like to set up a service so that people in Taiwan could call a local taiwan number and the call could be rerouted to my USA landline number when I am in the US without major costs. Has anyone done this type of setup? It would probably involve using VOIP. Skype number would not work as they dont offer Taiwan numbers.
Forumosan avatar
panda
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Re: using voip in taiwan

Postby CraigTPE » 09 Feb 2012, 06:17

I've never seen a VoIP solution in that direction, only the reverse. I have MagicJack and GoogleVoice with US numbers for my friends/family to call which ring here. If there is just one person here you want to be able to contact you in the US, you could give them a MagicJack.

Or, if they have smartphones, they could get a GoogleVoice account, an app to connect (Talkatone on iPhone or GrooveIP on Android) and call you that way.
Forumosan avatar
CraigTPE
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

91 Recommends(s)
34 Recognized(s)

Postby viba » 09 Feb 2012, 10:45

I've had my DLink voip set up for years. Pop down to Family Mart to buy a 500NT coupon that lasts for twelve hours of calls to England. The Hardware is Dlink - the server side of things is run by ipbb
viba
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

31 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby viba » 09 Feb 2012, 10:46

What are you doing up at 6am Craig?
viba

31 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby CraigTPE » 09 Feb 2012, 10:48

viba wrote:What are you doing up at 6am Craig?

My first appointment is at 7:30am. Need time for coffee, breakfast, etc.
Forumosan avatar
CraigTPE

91 Recommends(s)
34 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Technology