iPad 3

Moderator: Mick

Re: iPad 3

Postby liamtoh669 » 10 May 2012, 20:48

Does anyone know if any of the carriers would be offering any deals with a bundled service plan? Like I saw you could buy a 3G Playstation Vita at a discounted price if you signed up for 2 years of data at $850 a month. Just wondered if they typically offer anything like that for the iPad.
liamtoh669
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

3 Recognized(s)

Postby Adam_CLO » 10 May 2012, 20:58

I doubt they would (although I could be wrong). Especially in Taiwan where unlimited data plans are available on smart phones, that have tethering. So it would be a better deal to share a single data plan between your iPhone and smart phone.
Forumosan avatar
Adam_CLO
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
24 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby kaikai34 » 10 May 2012, 23:48

I got one sent to me for my birthday! The screen is killer! It blows the Ipad 1 out of the water.
Forumosan avatar
kaikai34
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

22 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby Jaboney » 11 May 2012, 01:56

Played with one for a short time and the screen is aces. Most noticeable when looking at text. But I was more impressed with the camera and how well voice dictation works. Very cool.

Before I go off and buy one, does anyone know where I might get this fixed?
Apple's out.
Problem isn't the screen. It's been dropped. It'll go on the fritz, then come back after a couple of days, a wipe, reset and restore (rinse and repeat). Happened half a dozen times now.

I'd love to get a 3 tomorrow, but my wallet wife is telling me that repair is the way to go, if at all possible.
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby kelake » 11 May 2012, 12:21

Ordered one today “for the kids” - 1 week delivery. Fantastic service via Singapore agent. Gave us a call back when available, spoke at length as to whether the iPad suited our needs, finished up over phone and offered to answer any technical questions we might have. I wish other shopping experiences were this nice.
kelake
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

21 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby speed_maniac » 11 May 2012, 12:33

my friend just picked up one from 3C today...he wanted all the bells and whistles and there was just one 64GB + wifi + 4G available..the rest, it seems, were all wifi models...
speed_maniac
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

6 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Adam_CLO » 11 May 2012, 12:46

speed_maniac wrote:my friend just picked up one from 3C today...he wanted all the bells and whistles and there was just one 64GB + wifi + 4G available..the rest, it seems, were all wifi models...

Are they advertising it as "4G"? I don't think there's any 4G in Taiwan.
Forumosan avatar
Adam_CLO

ORIGINAL POSTER
24 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby speed_maniac » 11 May 2012, 12:52

speed_maniac

6 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Adam_CLO » 11 May 2012, 13:28

Wow, that's terrible advertising. Check out the footnote at the bottom of the page (via Google Translate):

4G LTE in the U.S. only from AT & T and Verizon telecommunications network covered; Canada covered by the telecommunications network from Bell, Rogers and Telus. For more information, please contact your carrier.

No wonder Apple is getting in trouble in other countries.
Forumosan avatar
Adam_CLO

ORIGINAL POSTER
24 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 11 May 2012, 13:40

11K for the iPad? That's reasonable. Almost tempting...
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

769 Recommends(s)
593 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Technology