Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Water

Moderator: Mick

Re: Water

Postby Isha » 08 Apr 2012, 22:11

Belgian Pie wrote:What are you up to? Are you preparing us to buy into some new herbal MLM products? Doesn't work, water has no memory, it flows wherever it goes ... it will pick up some molecules and dilute them, but that's it. Eventually they'll be gone if enough diluted.

But hey, homeopathy must be one of the most profitable businesses out there, selling water with a memory and make people believe of its healing features. :ponder:

Not up to anything here. Other day I had discussion with someone and the person was right out.. no i can't be.. He is a scientist btw. That made me think that if today's scientists are as close minded as in the past, we are not really making any progress for educating people.
Isha
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

ORIGINAL POSTER
22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 08 Apr 2012, 23:48

Isha wrote:
Belgian Pie wrote:What are you up to? Are you preparing us to buy into some new herbal MLM products? Doesn't work, water has no memory, it flows wherever it goes ... it will pick up some molecules and dilute them, but that's it. Eventually they'll be gone if enough diluted.

But hey, homeopathy must be one of the most profitable businesses out there, selling water with a memory and make people believe of its healing features. :ponder:

Not up to anything here. Other day I had discussion with someone and the person was right out.. no i can't be.. He is a scientist btw. That made me think that if today's scientists are as close minded as in the past, we are not really making any progress for educating people.

No offense but you seem not to have the slightest idea how science works. You are not talking about scientists being open to hypotheticals that could explain phenomenon in a way consistent with what we know about the universe, but being open to complete and utter fantasies that are inconsistent with what we know.

Is there something that doesn't make sense in our world that "water memory" explains or provides a conceptual framework for understanding?
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

761 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 09 Apr 2012, 09:38

Muzha Man wrote:Is there something that doesn't make sense in our world that "water memory" explains or provides a conceptual framework for understanding?

Well, there are plenty of things which doesn't make sense in our world. As far as water-memory theory goes, homeopathy does help some.
Isha

ORIGINAL POSTER
22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby *monkey* » 09 Apr 2012, 10:46

Isha, are you one of those sharks who sell crystals, magnets, "structured water" and all that other horseshit to gullible customers or are you one of the gullible customers?
Floggings will continue until morale improves

Monkey's portmanteau of the day: Scootard
Forumosan avatar
*monkey*
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

4 Recommends(s)
61 Recognized(s)

Postby finley » 09 Apr 2012, 11:40

Isha wrote:Well, there are plenty of things which doesn't make sense in our world. As far as water-memory theory goes, homeopathy does help some.

There is no evidence whatsoever that homeopathy has benefits beyond what you would expect from the placebo effect. So, no need to explain an effect that doesn't exist.

My sister worked with Edzard Ernst until he was kicked out of Exeter Uni in disgrace; the guy was a bit of a wanker, apparently, but she had access to a great deal of research on alternative therapies in general. There do seem to be a lot of very promising or proven effective non-pharma remedies, but homeopathy most certainly is not one of them.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

806 Recommends(s)
622 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 09 Apr 2012, 16:15

*monkey* wrote:Isha, are you one of those sharks who sell crystals, magnets, "structured water" and all that other horseshit to gullible customers or are you one of the gullible customers?

No, certainly not. I myself do not believe things which I do not experience or can realize. But, I do have an open mind to not discard any theory before I can most certainly say that it's a bull. Water-memory is the same for me. At some level, I know there is something which we could not explain yet. Like for many it doesn't make sense, for me it does.
Isha

ORIGINAL POSTER
22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 09 Apr 2012, 16:18

finley wrote:My sister worked with Edzard Ernst until he was kicked out of Exeter Uni in disgrace; the guy was a bit of a wanker, apparently, .

Luc Antoine Montagnier is the next prominent name in the list.
Isha

ORIGINAL POSTER
22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Technology