Consumers get (eventually) what they want

Moderator: Mick

Consumers get (eventually) what they want

Postby Mick » 12 Apr 2012, 11:20

For years using IE, not being able to easily clear your browsing history was an issue, as soon as Firefox had private browsing, within weeks all browsers had the feature, why so long? It was an obvious and frequently demanded feature, then iPhone released initially without the ability to tether, for me, if the speed is fast enough this is the single biggest reason to buy a smart phone so I can get rid of my home modem, so eventually as Android allows tethering all smart phones followed and lets not get started on all the propriety formats of files and DVDs that restrict honest peoples ability to use their won content they legally purchase.

Now this. This Internet provider pledges to put your privacy first. Always. What a novel idea, providing privacy for your customers, lets hope others follow his lead. :thumbsup:
Forumosan avatar
Mick
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
56 Recommends(s)
111 Recognized(s)

Re: Consumers get (eventually) what they want

Postby headhonchoII » 12 Apr 2012, 11:26

Yep, I think there is lots of money to be made in giving people back their privacy. Or at least an option to do so.
Certain governments are working actively against that though. Watch out, they are spying on YOU.

Look at this Wired article
- http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/0 ... nter/all/1
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1832 Recommends(s)
656 Recognized(s)

Postby Jaboney » 12 Apr 2012, 11:32

Great. :thumbsup:

Hope he makes it.
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby Indiana » 12 Apr 2012, 11:48

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Forumosan avatar
Indiana
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

5 Recommends(s)
39 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 12 Apr 2012, 13:24

Should have always been first concern. Doesn't anyone read Orwell anymore and treat his works as a warning, rather than model to emulate?
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

96 Recommends(s)
217 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 12 Apr 2012, 14:11

Mick wrote:For years using IE, not being able to easily clear your browsing history was an issue, as soon as Firefox had private browsing, within weeks all browsers had the feature, why so long? It was an obvious and frequently demanded feature, then iPhone released initially without the ability to tether, for me, if the speed is fast enough this is the single biggest reason to buy a smart phone so I can get rid of my home modem, so eventually as Android allows tethering all smart phones followed and lets not get started on all the propriety formats of files and DVDs that restrict honest peoples ability to use their won content they legally purchase.

Now this. This Internet provider pledges to put your privacy first. Always. What a novel idea, providing privacy for your customers, lets hope others follow his lead. :thumbsup:

I just found the private browsing thing. What exactly is it now?
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby Mick » 12 Apr 2012, 15:20

jdsmith wrote:I just found the private browsing thing. What exactly is it now?

Whats the private browsing or what this guy does, not sure which you mean. The private browsing doesn't keep a history on your computer, great if you are looking for a gift for the wife and she checks what sites you have visiting. and that way the surprise won't be spoiled.

What this guy is doing, is addressing (or trying to) is what a lot of people are getting pissed off about, which new law after new law, always brought in as something targeting terrorists, or catching pedophiles and only ever to be used in special circumstances, which the minute are enacted, always prove to be incredibly wide in scope and abused by those who have power.

This is one law they are talking about in the UK UK Government Proposes Law Monitoring Every Email, Phone Call, and Text Message , seriously UK, what the hell.

Anyway, I think consumers are asking for a bit more privacy than government wants, and they will respond with methods to adapt. Customs agents get laws passed that allow them to snoop through your computer or hard disks, consumers will start encrypting the data. Police get powers to snoop through the contents that your ISP has on your online postings, well, the big guys like AT&T seem to have been happy to bend over backwards to hand over whatever is requested, but hopefully, guys like the one in the article will respond by encrypting your data and not just handing over everything.
Forumosan avatar
Mick

ORIGINAL POSTER
56 Recommends(s)
111 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Technology