LCD for a 2008 Macbook

Moderator: Mick

LCD for a 2008 Macbook

Postby Craig » 17 Apr 2012, 21:15

Looking to replace the LCD only(not the clamshell or glass) in my late 2008 unibody Macbook, I can buy one online but it comes from the US and adds a lot with the shipping charge, since many are made here maybe it is cheaper here. I just want the LCD I know how to replace it myself. Can anyone recommend where I can buy one and not an Apple store since they replace the whole cover/LCD etc for about $750USD.
Craig
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: LCD for a 2008 Macbook

Postby urodacus » 17 Apr 2012, 21:40

No, I can't. Where else would you expect to get one outside of official channels? and especially an old one that'snot made anymore. Only Apple channels would have any stock left for a five year old machine, surely.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

226 Recommends(s)
279 Recognized(s)

Postby Craig » 17 Apr 2012, 22:04

Urodacus Actually this machine is only just over 3 years old since it was still available in early 2009. As I mentioned in my original post going through "OFFICIAL CHANNELS" costs in the range of $750USD (maybe more now not sure), but it is easy to find the LCD online(as I mentioned in my original post) for around $60USD, but the shipping is about $50USD. So I thought before I went ahead with that option I would ask here to see if anyone might have an idea where I could purchase the needed LCD here in Taiwan to possibly save on the shipping. There are a few different models of LCD that will work in my machine and some of them are made here in Taiwan. So I expect to purchase an replacement from anywhere but the "OFFICIAL CHANNELS"
Craig
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby urodacus » 17 Apr 2012, 22:33

Fair enough. (150 bucks to replace a screen would be a total bargain).

I don't know anyone who would stock that in Taiwan.

Good luck!
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

226 Recommends(s)
279 Recognized(s)

Postby Nam » 23 Apr 2012, 20:41

I've got a spare sitting around, though, mines from a first gen MB.
It's in less than perfect condition, but it works.

You can have it if you like.
It's picture is quite faded, but still very much usable. Shoot me an email if you're interested.
Having computer trouble and don't know who to call?
Think you can't afford a new computer to replace what you've currently got?
Need on-site tech-support for small to medium enterprise?
http://www.nationwide.com.tw
info@nationwide.com.tw
Tel: 092 676 3664
There's a reason why we've been around for so long and continue to grow.
Give us a shout and find out why!
Nam
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Technology