MMIS Number for VHF radio

Moderator: Mick

MMIS Number for VHF radio

Postby bigduke6 » 09 May 2012, 22:29

This might be a long shot, but does anyone know how to get a MMIS number for a portable maritime VHF radio.
I have looked on the NCC English website, and cannot find any useful info.

Thanks in advance.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Re: MMIS Number for VHF radio

Postby Taiwan_Student » 13 May 2012, 23:16

bigduke6 wrote:This might be a long shot, but does anyone know how to get a MMIS number for a portable maritime VHF radio.
I have looked on the NCC English website, and cannot find any useful info.

Thanks in advance.

I have a local ham radio friend who actually has the ear of the NCC. He's actually a foreigner who took the Test here.

Please tell us more about what an MMIS number is. My Pop, always gave me this advice. Spell out Acronyms the first time it is mentioned in the text followed by the acronym in parenthesis. You are cutting off lay people who a way to help you or people who are just interested.
Regardless, forwarding your question to the Taiwan Ham Radio Chat Room on Skype right this second and I will call my friend tomorrow to find out about your MMSI (Maritime Mobile Service Identity) Cheers!
PS: Here's a link that may be helpful...
http://gmdss-radio.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive.html
Taiwan_Student
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)

25 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Re: MMIS Number for VHF radio

Postby bigduke6 » 14 May 2012, 08:36

Thanks for the reply. It is a number used to identify the sender of a message over a marine Vhf radio.
Useful in an emergency situation. The info is used, amongst other things, to identify the sender in the International search and rescue database.

I have found out that the Taiwan NCC does not give them to individuals.

I managed to get one from the US.

Thanks again
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6

ORIGINAL POSTER
72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Technology