Getting a decent broadband connection in Taiwan

Moderator: Mick

Getting a decent broadband connection in Taiwan

Postby rowley8 » 09 Jun 2012, 09:53

I recently signed up for a 10M connection with Hoshin (BB), I'm still on the 7 days trial, to servers around Taiwan, the speedtest.net test shows accurate bandwidth but when I try to download from site like Rapidshare, I get like 50~100kb/s which is awful for a so called 10M 599 a month, I'm still on their trial period so I'm wondering if there's any better deals out there with other companies, help please?
..Hush falls over the wasp tutorial as their eager brains are taxed to the limits of wasp logic. Until one brilliant young wasp, the intellectual superstar of Wasp College, Cambridge, tentatively puts up his front leg, the answer slowly coming together in his insect head.

'If...one...cannot fly straight through the glass' -he cogitates as the lecture room falls silent, the other wasps sensing that they are in the presence of wasp genius- 'and we have established that the window is half open...'he continues, his brow furrowed in total concentration, 'then surely the logical thing to do...would be...to fly repeatedly at the glass, buzzing a lot?'

The other pupils glance eagerly across at the professor to see if this pupil has hit upon the solution, but their tutor smiles knowingly and shakes his head.

'No,' he says. 'The answer is that there is no solution to this conundrum. It is an impossible problem. It is a philosophical trick question that cannot be answered."
Forumosan avatar
rowley8
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Getting a decent broadband connection in Taiwan

Postby dasaint » 09 Jun 2012, 10:18

Try Zhonghua Tel. I'd been using them for the last 10 years and they have never throttled my download speed at all.
I'm back!
Forumosan avatar
dasaint
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

10 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Re: Getting a decent broadband connection in Taiwan

Postby cfimages » 09 Jun 2012, 10:19

Try the 50MB connection from CHT. There's some discussion about it in the thread at http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi ... =7&t=98955
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

243 Recommends(s)
223 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Technology