Frozen Kindle (keyboard/3G version)

Moderators: Mick, Nam

Re: Frozen Kindle (keyboard/3G version)

Postby Baas Babelaas » 06 Jul 2012, 19:09

what if I connect kindle to my computer and delete the files manually.. I did.. The Kindle came back to life.. It works..

I tried this - didn't work. I'm going to keep it until eventually the battery runs flat. Maybe it will reset itself after that.

For now I'll buy the basic Kindle.
Forumosan avatar
Baas Babelaas
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby Taiwan_Student » 07 Jul 2012, 01:24

Baas Babelaas wrote:
what if I connect kindle to my computer and delete the files manually.. I did.. The Kindle came back to life.. It works..

I tried this - didn't work. I'm going to keep it until eventually the battery runs flat. Maybe it will reset itself after that.

For now I'll buy the basic Kindle.

Too bad...
I tried running the battery down. No luck.
If you want to throw it away, I've got a tech friend who would like a crack at it. He owns a little computer repair shop. Maybe he can revive it. He'd like to disect it and learn about the innards.. Let me know..

Are you invested in the Kindle system? I'm do you have a lot of books. You you don't.. you will be happier with the local Epub readers.

For instance. The Taipei Public library has a huge selection of e-books. The e-books are provided by a service called "OVERDRIVE". That is the same service that provides e-books and audio books to libraries in the US.
While OverDrive provides both Kindle and E-pub books in the US for public libraries, only EPuB books are provided to libraries outside the USA.

Taiwan Overdrive http://taipei.lib.overdrive.com/F60C0EEF-AEB9-4642-B129-607E19BA6641/10/513/en/SearchResults.htm?SearchID=4926771s
only audio books and e-pub
An American Library.. New Jersey... http://www.listennj.com/84365450-480F-4090-AA92-ADE4ECC6BEF6/10/427/en/SearchResults.htm?SearchID=5179284s

You can borrow Amazon Kindle books as well as E-pub. OK.. take care. Let us know what you are going to do. I am really thinking of going for the E-ink Epub reader as there are more titles.. But I do love my Kindle Touch.
Taiwan_Student
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

19 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Baas Babelaas » 07 Jul 2012, 05:01

Taiwan_Student, thanks for your replies. I'm in Xiamen, PRC.

I'm terrible at taking things apart and putting them back together.

You're welcome to have it, but you pay the shipping costs from Xiamen to your city in Taiwan.

I might take it to to Electronic Market where there the wizards do magic.

Let you know..
Forumosan avatar
Baas Babelaas

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby Taiwan_Student » 07 Jul 2012, 15:34

Baas Babelaas wrote:Taiwan_Student, thanks for your replies. I'm in Xiamen, PRC.

I'm terrible at taking things apart and putting them back together.

You're welcome to have it, but you pay the shipping costs from Xiamen to your city in Taiwan.

I might take it to to Electronic Market where there the wizards do magic.

Let you know..

Oh, you are in PRC. Thought you were in Taiwan. Take it to the electronics market and let them have fun. You never know.
Would you mind sharing ..
1. Why would you prefer Kindle over E-pub? You'd think E-pub an open system would be much cheaper, especially in China. 2 Do you have a US billing address plus a US internet presence (proxy)? Essential if you want to borrow US library books. 3.Do you own many Kindle Books? 4. Do public libraries in the PRC, if there are any, offer e-books to borrow?

If you find any good deals on cheap E-ink Epub readers.. let me know.. I may be interested.
Taiwan_Student
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

19 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Baas Babelaas » 07 Jul 2012, 16:23

1. Why would you prefer Kindle over E-pub? You'd think E-pub an open system would be much cheaper, especially in China. 2 Do you have a US billing address plus a US internet presence (proxy)? Essential if you want to borrow US library books. 3.Do you own many Kindle Books? 4. Do public libraries in the PRC, if there are any, offer e-books to borrow?

TS...

1. I love my Kindle, works a charm!
2. RSA billing address, so no library lending - I can't believe in North America you can borrow online books.. awesome!
3. No e-books as far as I know.

Still trying to order my new Kindle, gotta get a local friend to do the transaction.
Forumosan avatar
Baas Babelaas

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Technology