where can I get my iPod repaired?

Moderator: Mick

Postby JadeEmpirePlaya » 03 Dec 2005, 00:30

How do you think the Ipod became so big? Holding a lot of unlicensed music! They got your money already, they don't care as long as your happy with your purchase and visit the Itunes store on the way out.
JadeEmpirePlaya
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby SithSpawn » 05 Dec 2005, 22:42

I suspect that they have enough problems at the Apple service center that they don't go through every ipod they recieve looking for illegal music. They (hopefully) have better things to do. I expect that at worst, if they found it, they would just wipe the drive, which they may have to do anyway to fix it. Do you have the music backed up in your computer? If so, even if they wipe your drive for either reason, or replace the drive, you can put whatever you want back on it.
SithSpawn
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

where can I get my iPod repaired?

Postby overtheborder » 06 Dec 2005, 08:35

My Ipod is on life support, when it really actually needs tech support. Does anyone know where i can go to get it fixed? :help:

Cheers!
overtheborder
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Re: where can I get my iPod repaired?

Postby irishstu » 06 Dec 2005, 09:21

overtheborder wrote:My Ipod is on life support, when it really actually needs tech support. Does anyone know where I can go to get it fixed? :help:

Cheers!

Is it still under warranty? If so, take it to an Apple shop. Better yet, take it to where you bought it.

However, when you say it is on life support, what do you mean? Is it maybe something that can be fixed by restoring the iPod (which is actually quite easy).
"I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar."

DIY guitar projects
Forumosan avatar
irishstu
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

99 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Re: Help! My iPod is sick!

Postby clickety_clack » 13 Mar 2012, 16:18

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things ~
clickety_clack

7 Recommends(s)

Re: Where can I get my iPod repaired?

Postby clickety_clack » 13 Mar 2012, 16:19

My Ipod needs help! please! ^^
I have an Ipod Classic, 80 gig. It's over 3 years old. I have a Samsung SensR410 laptop, also over 3 years old, running Vista Home Premium 32bit but '64bit Compatible' (I don't want to replace either if I can help it.)

I had iTunes 8.
One day my Ipod stopped working.
I formatted it.
I uninstalled iTunes.
I re-installed iTunes.

But the latest version refused to be loaded on my PC. I chose English as the language, but because I bought my laptop in Korea, some parts of the installation were in Korean, so I tried to make good guesses about what to click. I uninstalled it, following the steps here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

I re-installed iTunes 8. It loaded, but when I plugged in my Ipod, it said that the Ipod needed to be updated/restored, 'click to contact updater' but then it could not contact the server. I tried: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1814but it didn't help. So basically, my Ipod's software needs to be updated, but it's impossible to connect it to the server via iTunes. I tried to download something else to update it, but that didn't work.

I tried downloading iTunes 9, it loaded, but the Ipod would not connect.

Help, please! I think it's something to do with Vista Home Premium that iTunes 10 won't load, and I think it's something to do with my Ipod that it won't connect.
When I open the Ipod in windows explorer, there is nothing in in it, zip, not 1 file. I feel like I need the 'program files' that should be in there... but can't find them anywhere online! help please!

Where could I have it repaired?
clickety_clack

7 Recommends(s)

Postby clickety_clack » 13 Mar 2012, 16:22

clickety_clack

7 Recommends(s)

Postby upandover » 13 Mar 2012, 17:10

the major apple repair store in Taipei is located in the "NOVA" building beside Q Square mall (Taipei main station)
my laptop broke and I made the mistake of bringing it to one of the apple retail stores, they just sent it to some local guy, and 2 days after I got it back it broke again. go with the official repair depo if you need work done
I'm telling you this because you don't get it, and you think you get it, which isn't the same as actually getting it. Get it? - Masashi Kishimoto

Hello pot. My name is kettle. You're black. - Little Kuriboh

Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Forumosan avatar
upandover
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

4 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 13 Mar 2012, 17:18

On similar lines, I need to have my IBM (six years old) laptop repaired or at least checked out out of respect and thanks as a final GoodBye on my part. Any idea where?
Isha
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Re: Where can I get my iPod repaired?

Postby Deuce Dropper » 13 Mar 2012, 22:24

The big apple store in the computer market (Bade near Jianguo). Take their tiny elevator to the 4th floor and they will sort it out for you.
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

93 Recommends(s)
469 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Technology