MOD

Moderator: Mick

Re: MOD

Postby tcarnagan » 01 Sep 2011, 16:10

RJF -- thanks for the update and which button to push to do the upgrade. I agree with you that it seems crisper, and the sound problem I had on FOX is now gone (use to 'pop' during shows, very annoying). :thumbsup:
The more people I meet the more I love my dog.
Forumosan avatar
tcarnagan
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

4 Recognized(s)

Postby RJF » 01 Sep 2011, 17:47

madracer wrote:Quick Q, i scanned through the channel list on MOD (translated from chinese to english using google translate)
Did not see Starsports . . .Is this channel not available on MOD?

Unfortunately, no Star Sports. ELTA sports, instead -- which is ok with me as (unlike Star Sports), they show the Champion's League matches. They also showed the world cup last year, so I'm hoping they will show the European cup next year.
RJF
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Phillips » 01 Sep 2011, 19:27

RJF wrote:Turned MOD on this morning -- there was a notice in Chinese that there was an automatic firmware upgrade pending. To do the upgrade, you need to press the button at the far right (just to the left of the power button) of the MOD box -- then wait for it to do its thing and restart itself.

Don't know if it was purely subjective, but the HD channels seemed even crisper and clearer after the upgrade.

My remote must be different to yours. Do you have any information about the button, such as colour or symbol? How about if I just turn off the machine and reboot it?
"Why do you want gas? It's hot. You can have cold showers" ~gas delivery man height of summer, 2010.

"Why you wear so many clothes? You are foreigner. Foreign countries are cold." buxiban owner, depth of winter 2011.
Forumosan avatar
Charlie Phillips
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

83 Recommends(s)
164 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 23 Mar 2003

Postby RJF » 01 Sep 2011, 20:36

Charlie Phillips wrote:
RJF wrote:Turned MOD on this morning -- there was a notice in Chinese that there was an automatic firmware upgrade pending. To do the upgrade, you need to press the button at the far right (just to the left of the power button) of the MOD box -- then wait for it to do its thing and restart itself.

Don't know if it was purely subjective, but the HD channels seemed even crisper and clearer after the upgrade.

My remote must be different to yours. Do you have any information about the button, such as colour or symbol? How about if I just turn off the machine and reboot it?

It's not a button on the remote -- it's the button on the black MOD hardware box that the DSL cable plugs into. It's the button just to left of the power button.
RJF

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Phillips » 01 Sep 2011, 20:39

RJF wrote:
Charlie Phillips wrote:

It's not a button on the remote -- it's the button on the black MOD hardware box that the DSL cable plugs into. It's the button just to left of the power button.

Thanks. My stupid :doh:
"Why do you want gas? It's hot. You can have cold showers" ~gas delivery man height of summer, 2010.

"Why you wear so many clothes? You are foreigner. Foreign countries are cold." buxiban owner, depth of winter 2011.
Forumosan avatar
Charlie Phillips

83 Recommends(s)
164 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 23 Mar 2003

Postby tcarnagan » 10 Sep 2011, 20:08

BIT OF INFORMATION: :2cents:

As of now I am only aware of channel 69 (fox family movies) having dual language option.

By pressing the button on the bottom right of the remote control you can toggle between English and Chinese.

Got a real kick out of watching Ferris Bueller the other night in Chinese, but is nice to know the option is there for English.
Forumosan avatar
tcarnagan

4 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 10 Sep 2011, 20:19

There are several channels with that option ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
79 Recognized(s)

Postby tcarnagan » 10 Sep 2011, 20:51

Mr Pie, know of any of those channels off hand that have that option?
Forumosan avatar
tcarnagan

4 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 10 Sep 2011, 21:04

178, 130 I can think of ... and some channels that show English spoken movies dubbed in Chinese ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
79 Recognized(s)

Postby mups » 11 Sep 2011, 08:06

ESPN has it as well.

I really wish broadcasters would be forced to normalize volume here...I can't stand how the commercials are louder than the broadcasts, especially when I'm in bed at night and my GF is sleeping..you turn it up just loud enough to hear the dialogue then the commercial comes in blasting. I believe there was a law recently passed in the US that banned this incredibly annoying practice.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html
mups
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

15 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Technology