MOD

Moderator: Mick

Re: MOD

Postby Satellite TV » 28 Dec 2011, 14:20

Try disconnecting your MOD box power it off, unplug your modem power it off for a bit then reboot them.

This will often help when you have streaming issues.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby Belgian Pie » 28 Dec 2011, 14:30

It's possible to up and downgrade your package from your sofa ... without picking up a phone
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
61 Recognized(s)

Postby Taiwan_Student » 29 Dec 2011, 11:08

BBC info... I found out that the BBC is not part of any package. They are "al la carte" channels. You can just add them at will from the "setup" page They are a little steep though. The price is 50NT a month each. You can drop it too at will. But you already have to finish out the month.

I would sign up right now for BBC entertainment in order to watch Doctor Who and a couple other shows. Unfortunately they are on when I must work. Is there an inexpensive recording option for MOD yet?
Taiwan_Student
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

22 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Taffy » 29 Dec 2011, 12:13

We get the BBC channels as part of our (top-end) package. Didn't have to select them from a menu, or pay extra.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

102 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 29 Dec 2011, 12:15

BBC channels were just there one day for us. No selection or special ordering needed, and looking at the last bill, no extra payment either.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

183 Recommends(s)
183 Recognized(s)

Postby RJF » 29 Dec 2011, 14:26

cfimages wrote:BBC channels were just there one day for us. No selection or special ordering needed, and looking at the last bill, no extra payment either.

BBC channels are included in the top level package at no extra charge. According to the earlier post, it seems as if they can also be selected at an added cost by people who do not have the top level package.
RJF
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Taiwan_Student » 30 Dec 2011, 09:28

RJF wrote:
cfimages wrote:BBC channels were just there one day for us. No selection or special ordering needed, and looking at the last bill, no extra payment either.

BBC channels are included in the top level package at no extra charge. According to the earlier post, it seems as if they can also be selected at an added cost by people who do not have the top level package.

BBC Channels? I thought I had the top of the line package. I guess I have the family package. Could you please link to your package and tell me the monthly fee. Getting information here is a headache.

I've got Nick, FX, BBC News Kidsco and a few National Geographic Channels, and and many other Channels. I don't have FOX News, the other BBC channels and Fox
Taiwan_Student

22 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby RJF » 30 Dec 2011, 10:13

The monthly fee for the top level package is 359.
RJF

1 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 30 Dec 2011, 14:04

We only pay $99 and get the BBC channels.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages

183 Recommends(s)
183 Recognized(s)

Postby tcarnagan » 12 Jan 2012, 15:19

Through your MOD provider CHT, you can get fiber internet (FAST), pick a package and the premium MOD package is only 99nt up and beyond that internet package.

I opted with 50M/12M for 999nt, and then with MOD for another 99nt, not a bad deal in my opinion.

Only reason I mention is at the time I got MOD they only offered ADSL and I was waiting for my 'cable internet' to run out (pre-paid for a year), but fiber is fast so I made the change once my other internet was over. Not sure what I will do with that much bandwidth but at least it is there!
The more people I meet the more I love my dog.
Forumosan avatar
tcarnagan
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

4 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Technology